Can't wait for another Engadget Show to roll around? Well you're in luck, friend. It's happening today.
The last show of the decade will be dedicated to just that: the decade. We're going to be talking about the most important gadgets of the past 10 years -- both good and bad -- and we'll be joined by the perfect guest. Peter Rojas, the founder of both Gizmodo and Engadget (and now gdgt!) will take the stage with Josh, Paul, and Nilay to discuss what has been arguably the most important 10 years in gadgetry.
We'll also have a few surprises, as well as some giveaways including an Xbox 360, so don't miss it -- you'll be sorry if you do!
The show takes place at the Tishman Auditorium at Parsons The New School for Design. As you may already know, we film live in front of an audience once a month -- but if you can't make it, don't worry. We're bringing the video back home to Engadget (and as a free download here, in the iTunes Store, or the Zune Marketplace) for your viewing pleasure.
The beautiful venue (which you can see in a photo after the break) is located at 66 W. 12th Street between 5th and 6th Aves. Seating is limited and tickets will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis -- which means if you want to join us in the audience for the show,
you'll have to arrive early and be prepared for a little wait.
Update: As you guys may have noticed, New York and the surrounding areas got hit with a little bit of snow last night. Never fear, because we're still doing the show, but we're going to make it easier for everyone to come out and enjoy it. If you want to see the taping today, don't worry about showing up at 2PM or standing in line -- if you come anytime before 4:30PM you will definitely get a seat! We don't want anyone standing around in the snow, and it's likely that not everyone who was going to come will be able to make it, so we should be able to accommodate everyone that does show up.
Here are the facts you need to know about the show:
- The show is graciously sponsored by Sprint, and hosted by Parsons The New School for Design
- The total show length will be around an hour
- Music will be provided by Bubblyfish, and visuals by Chris Jordan!
- There is no admission fee -- tickets are completely free
- The event is all ages
- The venue seats just over 450 people
- Parsons students are welcomed, and we encourage them to come!
- Tickets will be available for pickup at the Tishman Auditorium at 2PM on the 20th, and we're strongly encouraging people to get their tickets and not stand in line -- if you have a ticket, you'll have a seat!
- You'll need to hold onto your ticket stub to be eligible for the giveaways
- You cannot pick up tickets for other people -- if you want your friend to get a ticket, bring your friend!
- The show begins at 5PM, and doors will open at 4:30PM