We've heard your pleas, citizens of Engadget, and we are pleased as punch to announce that The Engadget Show taping this Saturday, February 27th at 5pm
will be streaming live, direct to you via the internet! We'll be sitting down with Avner Ronen, creator and CEO of Boxee
and taking a look at the forthcoming (and very anticipated) Boxee Box
. Not only that, but we'll have a Windows Phone 7 Series
device on hand for a demo and discussion, you'll be meeting our new investigative correspondent Rick Karr, and we'll have more of the classic Engadget Show shenanigans you've come to know and love. You can also expect good, clean music from Nullsleep
, and stunning visuals from Outpt
. We'll be doing giveaways at the live show only
, so make the trek and join us at The Times Center
in person! If for some reason you live in not-New York, you can catch the show streaming live, right here on Engadget -- and you'll be able to tweet comments directly to the show stream! Like Josh said, if you miss this one, you'll basically have zero good stories to tell your grandchildren.
The Engadget Show is sponsored by Sprint, and will take place at the Times Center
, part of The New York Times Building in the heart of New York City at 41st St. between 7th and 8th Avenues (see map after the break). Tickets are -- as always -- free to anyone who would like to attend, but seating is limited, and tickets will be first come, first served... so get there early! Here's all the info you need:
- There is no admission fee -- tickets are completely free
- The event is all ages
- Ticketing will begin at the Times Center at 2:30PM on Saturday, doors will open for seating at 4:30PM, and the show begins at 5PM
- You cannot collect tickets for friends or family -- anyone who would like to come must be present to get a ticket
- Seating capacity in the Times Center is about 340, and once we're full, we're full
- The venue is located at 41st St. between 7th and 8th Avenues in New York City (map after the break)
- The show length is around an hour
If you're a member of the media
who wishes to attend, please contact us at
: engadgetshowmedia [at] engadget [dot] com, and we'll try to accommodate you. All other non-media questions
can be sent to: engadgetshow [at] engadget [dot] com.
Subscribe to the Show:
] Subscribe to the Show directly in iTunes (M4V).
] Subscribe to the Show directly in the Zune Marketplace (M4V).
] Add the Engadget Show feed (M4V) to your RSS aggregator and have it delivered automatically.