The Ramkahen are the friendly faction of Tol'Vir (big stone cat centaur people) that you meet in Uldum. They have a variety of rewards that might interest you as a warrior. They of course have a tabard you can wear to speed the reputation grind up. In every faction's case the tabards work in level 85 dungeons.
- At honored you can pick up the Shroud of the Dead, a solid DPS cloak which you can wear at level 83 and which can help you get in the door for heroics.
- At revered you can pick up the Red Rock Band, suitable either as a DPS ring or a tanking threat ring with expertise and mastery on it.
- Exalted gives you access to two rewards worth considering, the Sandguard Bracers (solid for tanks) and the Gift of Nadun, a DPS neck.
What's interesting about Cataclysm
itemization is that certain stats serve as solid for DPS and/or tanks, such as hit, expertise and of course mastery. So certain pieces like the Red Rock Band end up able to perform for either role. With threat management more important in Cataclysm, you might definitely consider pieces like the Shroud as a leveling tank piece as well.Guardians of Hyjal
You earn reputation with this group by completing the Hyjal starting zone and wearing their tabard
in dungeons. Hurry and save Archimonde's girlfriend from Ragnaros! That's two raid bosses with an unholy fixation for giant trees now.Therazane
Therazane the Stonemother takes a while to warm up to fleshy things. It's understandable, since we killed her daughter and all. I said I was sorry, already! Luckily if I wear this piece of cloth
while I kill other things she'll get over it. Note: things killed must be in dungeons for this offer to be valid.The Earthen Ring
The Earthen Ring, as you might expect for an expansion all about elements in upheaval, are all over the place in Cataclysm, appearing in Vashj'ir and Deepholm. You can of course wear their tabard
as well for more rep while dungeoneering. (I got my degree in dungeoneering at the University of Gilneas.)
- Honored provides access to the Stone-Wrapped Greaves for your leveling tank. With two sockets and both dodge and parry, these are pretty solidly 'tanking only' legs.
- At revered you can snag the tanktastic Arcanum of the Earthen Ring.
- The only exalted reward you're going to look at is the Signet of the Elder Council and frankly, with both agi and haste, it's not very good for arms warriors. It's borderline to middling for both fury and prot, frankly, I wouldn't bother with it.
That's if for factions that are accessible to the Alliance and Horde. The next groups are faction specific, but mirror each other and offer similar rewards with different names.The Wildhammer Clan/Dragonmaw ClanHellscream's Reach/Baradin Warders
Finally,our last two opposing factions. The Baradin Warders have been assigned to the island of Tol Baradfor years, watching over its infamous prisons ever since the Alliance reclaimed the island during the Second War, while Hellscream's Reach has been ordered by the new Warchief of the Horde to reclaim it for the Horde.
- As befits two factions heavily involved in the PvP zone of Tol Barad, you can get the Baradin Footman's Tags/Baradin Grunt's Talisman at honored. In addition to having a solid whack of mastery (good for any spec, really) these can summon an NPC to fight besides you.
- At revered we get into the weapons. The big draw for an arms or fury warrior here is the Blade of the Fearless. The tanks among us could make use of the Ravening Slicer (as could a fury warrior using Single-Minded Fury) but it`s not an ideal weapon for a warrior with all that agility on it. A DPS warrior might make use of Sky Piercer for their ranged weapon slot, not a lot of str weapons for the ranged slot.
- At exalted the Impatience of Youth is a solid DPS piece that could also serve a tank looking to stack mastery. The on-use strength would be best for a DPS warrior but could help tank threat.
Next week we`ll discuss Cataclysm
tanking in detail and then start on instance drops.
Check out more strategies and tips for warriors of all specs in Matthew Rossi's weekly class column, The Care and Feeding of Warriors.