- Asparagus-eating contests
- The entire town acting out Hamlet at the same time, with their own grandfathers' skulls playing the part of Yorick
- Jumping off a 60-foot cliff into a pile of dead leaves
- Grave-robbing (that one stuck, but it became year-round and highly lucrative in a non-spiritual way)
- Eggplant, leek, corn and lentil carving
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.