Livermore, CA – (July 12, 2011) FINIS, a world leader in technical swimming products that maximize your fitness potential and technique, announces the immediate availability of the AquaPulse™ Heart Rate Monitor, an audible heart rate monitor for swimmers and water fitness enthusiasts. The AquaPulse™ Heart Rate Monitor is a small workout accessory built for swimmers looking to get the most out of their workout through heart rate training.
Simply slip the AquaPulse™ Heart Rate Monitor inside your goggle strap, attach the soft rubber clip to your earlobe, and start swimming. Using an infrared sensor, your heart beat is detected through your earlobe by capillary activity. The heart rate is then audibly communicated to you in real time, where the information is transmitted directly to your inner ear via Bone Conduction Technology. No ear buds, no cumbersome chest straps and no watch device is needed. You will never have to stop to check your heart rate again. The AquaPulse™ Heart Rate Monitor is now available for $149.99 MSRP at www.FINISInc.com.
For the past decade heart rate training has been utilized by top athletes in all sports to improve their training levels. As an accurate measurement of your intensity or exertion level a heart rate monitor is the easiest and most precise way to continuously measure your heart rate. By understanding and monitoring your ideal heart rate zone while training, you are able to consistently train your body at the optimum fitness levels. Knowing the work zone for your heart prevents over-training, under-training, and encourages correct pacing. As a result heart rate monitors (HRM's) can show you when you're dehydrated, running out of nutrition, or not recovered from a previous day's workout.
"As a fitness or competitive swimmer you should know your maximum heart rate and train in your zone to optimize your workout," says John Mix, President of FINIS. "Current heart rate monitors are meant for running and dryland training, but are awkward in the water as athletes are hindered by slipping straps and delayed information on watches. Our heart rate monitor features a design that provides an audible heart rate announcement while you swim, eliminating the need to stop and calculate your heart rate or look at your watch. Because you don't have to stop you will have a more accurate heart rate calculation and no down time, thus maximizing your workout."
"As an elite swimmer, the more I know about my body, the better I can train," says Jason Lezak, seven time Olympic Medalist. "I use the AquaPulse ™ Heart Rate Monitor consistently during my training practices because it's more accurate and easier than stopping to take my pulse. I do heart rate specific training sets in addition to monitoring my heart rate when I train. I can also hear my heart rate instantly at a press of a button whenever I need it."
Features and Benefits include:
* Audible Heart Rate in Real Time – Heart rate is announced while you move; no need to pause and look at a watch
* Bone Conduction Audio Announcement – Verbally conveys your heart rate through your cheekbone into your inner ear; no ear buds needed (Humans normally hear through air conduction, but because there is no air underneath the water, bone conduction provides the clearest sound quality possible)
* Infrared Sensor Technology – The Infrared sensor measures the light pulses due to capillary blood flow in the skin and calculates the number of beats per minute (b/m) that the body is working
* Instant Heart Rate Button – Push the "Instant Heart Rate" button to hear your last recorded heart rate reading
* Heart Rate Fluctuation Monitoring – Audible updates given at selected time increments; if there is no change in your heart rate you will not hear an update
* Announcement Increments – Set the device to announce every 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes or 5 minutes
* Waterproof - Made for swimmers by swimmers; all buttons are waterproof
* Easy Attachment – No chest strap or watches needed; just slip inside your goggle strap
* Lithium-Ion Battery – Lasts from 5 to 8+ hours depending on interval setting; gives an audible low battery announcement when low
* USB Charging – To recharge, plug the AquaPulse™ Heart Rate Monitor directly into the USB port on a computer or USB wall charger
For more information visit FINISinc.com