There's just something about this day, apparently. There are a whole bunch of new big releases in the App Store, and quite a few apps have added updates; most of them claiming it's just in time for the back-to school rush. Here's a sampling of the best stuff out there for you to browse through.
- EA's The Simpsons: Tapped Out has returned to the App Store after being pulled earlier this year. The game's been updated with new graphics and new gameplay, so hopefully Simpsons fans will like it better.
- Scribblenauts Remix is the recipient of a new Back to School update, with a new playground area featuring school-themed challenges.
- Following in the footsteps of EA, Chillingo has launched its own Daily Deals site, and Angry Birds HD is 66% off to celebrate.
- Chillingo's also got a new game out called Puzzle Craft that looks like it's about to steal way too much of my time.
- Codea got a big update, with a few new features, and it's now run using ARC (which just means it runs a little cleaner for us users).
- Ok, it's not much of a surprise, but Phosphor Games' Dark Meadow followup, the Zynga-published Horn is out this week, and it's a very good-looking action game.
- The great iBlast Moki 2 HD is free right now. In no uncertain terms, get this game.
- A new endless runner game called Flip's Escape was just released, and it looks good.
- And finally, I don't see it on the App Store yet, but don't forget: Dominion is finally due out in that official form later on this evening. Stay tuned.
Odds are that there's at least something for you to download in there. We'll have closer looks at many of these apps on the way, but there's a heads up on the biggest news. Enjoy the new apps!