Satoru Iwata, covered NIntendo's plans for the summer. The company has another Nintendo Direct planned closer to E3, since it isn't holding a press conference at the mega show. Here's the highlights from this morning:
- Sonic: Lost World was confirmed as a Wii U and 3DS exclusive. This comes after yesterday's trademark, domain registration leaks.
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons will be discounted at $4.99 for the first three weeks after launch on the Nintendo eShop May 30.
- Mario and Sonic are teaming up again to sell millions of copies in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. No release window was given.
- Super Luigi U is both downloadable content and a standalone product.
- The Wonderful 101 are set to save the Wii U the best they can on September 15 in North America, flying into Europe on August 23.
- Sega's Game Gear lives again with several more games for the 3DS virtual console.
- And, finally, if you can't attend E3, Nintendo will hold special demo sessions of unreleased games at Best Buy. Specific locations will be detailed in the future.