Deep Silver unveil the 'Faction Pack' DLC for Metro: Last Light, and reveal future DLC details...
Deep Silver today announced that the 'Faction Pack' – the first piece of DLC for 4A Games' critically acclaimed Metro: Last Light - is set for worldwide release on Steam and Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from Microsoft on July 16th, and will hit the PlayStation Network on July 16th in North America and July 17th in Europe and the rest of the world.
The 'Faction Pack' includes three original single player missions, each casting the player as a different specialist from the warring Factions. Returning to some classic locations from Metro 2033, these missions feature new weapons, the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe, and offer three distinct gameplay challenges...
· As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm...
· ... before defending the front line as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
· Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out...
The Faction Pack will cost just $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 / 400 MSP, and is the first of four DLC packs to be included in the Metro: Last Light Season Pass, which at $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 / 1200 MSP offers a discount over buying the packs separately, and also includes an additional exclusive weapon, the Abzats.
Deep Silver also revealed additional details on the content of the future DLC packs.
· The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
· The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders' Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
· Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure
For more information on the Faction Pack, head over to EnterTheMetro.com for the first in a series of Developer DLC blog posts.
The plot of Metro: Last Light was written by Dmitry Glukhovsky, acclaimed author of the novel Metro 2033 which inspired the creation of both video games. Glukhovsky personally contributed the vast majority of dialogue in Metro: Last Light. Glukhovsky's novels "Metro 2033" and "Metro 2034" have sold more than two million copies worldwide. In 2013, his latest book "Metro 2035" will be also available outside of Russia. The film rights for "Metro 2033" were bought by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), the movie is currently in development.
For the latest news on Metro: Last Light, Like us at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame or follow us on Twitter @MetroVideoGame.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including own brands like the critically acclaimed zombie action franchise Dead Island, action role-playing games from the Sacred world, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and the role-playing realms of Risen. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Saints Row IV, Sacred 3 and Metro: Last Light. Deep Silver also owns the development studio Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 18 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com
About 4A Games
4A Games is a computer game development studio based in Kiev, Ukraine. The studio was established in December 2005 by the veterans of Ukrainian game industry, with the aim of developing premium quality computer games for high-end PCs and next generation consoles supported by the in-house developed "4A Engine".
At the heart of the company are around 80 talented designers, programmers, artists, sound specialists and writers, with years of experience in software development and computer games in particular.
Creative Director Andrey Prokhorov has this to say about the studio:
"The Ukrainian game development industry was formed from self-taught people, enthusiasts who learned by trial and error. Coming from various backgrounds – engineers, musicians, movie directors, painters, scientists and even the military - this diversity gives our studio a certain uniqueness in the way we create games. All new people are carefully selected to fit perfectly into the team. We never pursue quantity to the prejudice of quality, and the smaller size of our studio allows for a unique creative process in a friendly atmosphere."
© Deep Silver, a division of Koch Media GmbH, Austria