Amazon's first home security camera offers great value for the money. Not only is it cheaper than comparable rivals by $80 or more, it stores recorded events for up to 24 hours without requiring a subscription. Subscriptions buy you more storage space and you also get the benefit of extra features like person detection and setting up zones for the camera to ignore (which we wish were available by default). The Cloud Cam's geofencing feature does get a little temperamental but its other qualities more than make up for it.
- Cheaper than comparable security cameras
- Works with compatible Alexa-enabled devices
- Stores recorded clips for 24 hours without a subscription
- 1080p full HD video and night vision
- Geofencing feature is finicky
- Needs subscription for advanced features like person detection and setting zones