Apple iPhone 12 Pro
Compared to the iPhone 12, the new iPhone 12 Pro is a considerably tougher sell. But it still might be worth it for some. It packs the same great performance and display as the standard 12, but with more storage at the base level, a much more flexible camera setup, and LiDAR for improved augmented reality experiences. It’s worth the step up if photography is your priority, but you still want a relatively compact phone. But if you simply want the best of the best, camera-wise, you should wait to see how things shake out with the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Clean new design
- Exceptional performance
- Excellent triple-camera system
- 5G is finally here
- It’s expensive
- Few substantive differences from the iPhone 12
- Apps and iOS need to optimize for 5G
iPhone 12 Pro
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (5)
- 90AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE5 ReviewsThe Wall Street Journal90The Best iPhones—but Not for the 5GDon’t consider Apple’s latest iPhones for the superfast 5G network connection, but for the best design in years and a great set of cameras.CNET90One of our highest rated phones of all time5G support, a new striking design, improved cameras and four different models all add up to make the iPhone 12 an absolute unit.The Verge90AHEAD OF ITS TIMEIf you’re not upgrading for the cameras, the iPhone 12 Pro doesn’t offer so much more over the iPhone 12 that it’s a must-have upgrade. In many ways, most of the new features on the phone are ahead of their time. I don’t think 5G is all that big of a deal yet when the networks aren’t really built out, there aren’t exactly killer apps for it, and we’re all spending most of our time at home anyway. Dolby Vision video is right up my alley, but it still has to shake out in the wild a little. The U1 chip and LIDAR sensor… well, it certainly seems like they’re going to be big deals, but not quite yet.CNBC90Apple iPhone 12 vs. iPhone 12 Pro reviewIf you want some extra camera tricks, lidar for augmented reality and better portrait photos, and a more premium design, check out the iPhone 12 Pro.CNN90The iPhone 12 Pro future-proofs with 5G and impressive photography chopsThe iPhone 12 Pro is a flagship 2020 smartphone with only a few things missing, like a 120 Hz display and reverse wireless charging. But Apple got a lot right here and the company is still pitching this as the higher-end iPhone with Pro features. The camera — namely just how good it is with low light, thanks to the addition of the LiDAR sensor — has us buying into that.
More from Apple
- The Senate Judiciary Committee meets this week to discuss the Open App Markets Act and AICO Act.
- To make matters worse, the employee also filed fraudulent tax returns to try to cover up her ill-gotten gains.