Apple MacBook Pro
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is the third and last laptop in Apple’s lineup to receive an upgraded keyboard, meaning those much-maligned butterfly keys are now a thing of the past. In addition to a pleasant typing experience, the 13-inch MBP brings improved graphics performance, healthy battery life and the same lovely Retina display as before. It’s mostly a solid choice, save for a few shortcomings (namely, a hot bottom and the ongoing omission of pro-grade ports).
- Much-improved keyboard
- Bright and colorful display
- Apple doubled the base storage
- Healthy battery life
- Bottom side can get hot
- You have to buy at least the $1799 model to get 10th-gen Intel processors
- No discrete graphics option on the 13-inch model
- We still miss USB-A ports and the SD card reader
- Still not feeling the Touch Bar
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (3)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsArs Technica80The standard macOS workhorseSo, while an argument can always be made for Windows alternatives, this is the definitive macOS workhorse. Most people don't need the graphical power of the 16-inch MacBook Pro, but quite a few will appreciate the significant performance advantage this laptop offers compared to the cheaper MacBook Air, provided they go for the higher-end spec.Macworld80$1799 model delivers modest CPU and big graphics boostFor the general consumer, if you aren’t spending most of your time in pro apps that can take advantage of the faster graphics, and you have a 13-inch MacBook Pro that was bought within the past four years, you’re probably fine for now. However, there is that new Magic Keyboard, and if you’re absolutely tired of the butterfly keyboard, make the switch. Your hands will thank you.TechCrunch80Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch reviewFor those who need more power without breaking their backs or banks, however, the 13-inch model is still a strong and safe bet that’s now much easier on the fingers.Laptop Magazine80The 13-inch MacBook Pro gets important, incremental changesThe MacBook Pro offers double the storage with great performance and the excellent Magic keyboard, but the battery life could be longer.PC Mag80Apple MacBook Pro 13-Inch (2020) ReviewA tweaked keyboard and the option for a 10th Generation Intel "Ice Lake" CPU bring typing comfort and better performance to Apple's already-excellent 13-inch MacBook Pro.Mashable90If it ain't broke, give it a new keyboardOut of all four configurations, the $1,799 13-inch MacBook Pro is your best option. In addition to the Magic Keyboard, it packs the latest Intel processor for strong performance and plenty of storage to power you through all your creative tasks.The Verge80Return to BaselineThe whole point of the 13-inch Pro is to give you a little more headroom for running more powerful (or just more) apps than the MacBook Air can really handle without groaning under the load. It’s meant to be the machine you can take for granted. Now that the keyboard is fixed, I’m looking forward to doing just that.iMore80Apple's needful updateThe 13-inch MacBook Pro update that was needed for 2020 is faster, has better graphics, and finally brings back the scissor-switch keyboard that is so beloved.AppleInsider70Entry-level 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro is yesterday's tech for today's pricesThis new 13-inch MacBook Pro for 2020 is... fine. It is, in a vacuum, a solid machine. But in the ladder that is Apple's portable Mac lineup, it is an extra rung.Mobile Syrup80The laptop Apple needed to releaseThe best MacBook for Apple users that need a little extra power.
- 67AVERAGE USER SCORE3 ReviewsLaura70June 21, 2020Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - EngadgetJasno80June 19, 2020Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There's a lot to like about this in spite of a few flaws. - EngadgetMarek50May 8, 2020Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A disappointing product with a lot of problems. - Engadget
More from Apple
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.