ASUS Padfone X review: A phone to replace your tablet? Not quite.
ASUS' Padfone X promises seamless switching between phone and tablet modes, but the company's execution doesn't live up to expectations. While some might like the curious combo for its low price tag, most people would be better served by two separate devices.
- Good display quality on both the phone and tablet
- Ample horsepower
- On-contract price is just right
- Switching between phone and tablet modes can be awkward
- Uninspired, clunky design
- Speaker quality leaves much to be desired
Can the iPad Pro replace you PC?
The Wirecutter's best deals: A good time to buy an air conditioner
One of the The Wirecutter's favorite portable ACs can now be had for over $100 less than usual.
ASUS is spending millions to bring US startups to Asia
Its $50 million venture fund will try to recruit young companies for partnerships.