ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo
The ZenBook Pro Duo makes it clear that secondary screens could be tremendously useful in laptops. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re a productivity hound used to working across multiple displays on desktops, the Pro Duo could be the laptop that satisfies you. And as a bonus, it can even play a few games.
- Gorgeous OLED screen
- ScreenPad Plus works well for multitasking
- Powerful hardware
- Excellent keyboard
- ScreenPad Plus could be taller
- Heavier and thicker than the competition
- So-so battery life with both screens
ZenBook Pro Duo
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 76AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag80Asus ZenBook Pro DuoThe Asus ZenBook Pro Duo is a thoughtful, albeit pricey, reinvention of the laptop, with a second screen in the keyboard base and an Intel Core i9 processor that should appeal to creative professionals with resource-intensive workflows.ZDNet80Unique design, but beware the trade-offsDuring testing I used the ScreenPad Plus for a number of things, including keeping an eye on social feeds and email, watching video while working, doing handwriting recognition. But it never felt as though it was adding anything I don't already have a good solution for.Tom's Hardware70Dual-Screen SuaveAsus' dual-screen laptop is better designed and generally more useful than the competition. But there's still lots of room for improvement.CNET80Dual screens make your workspace seem bigger on the insideWith an OLED main display and a supplemental monitor as well as powerful components, the Asus ZenBook Pro is a strong contender as a photo-editing champ.Laptop Magazine80Asus ZenBook Pro Duo ReviewSecond displays on laptops aren't a new concept: Asus had quite a library of dual screens in the early 2000s. However, it's currently the only company that does the conceit justice.Wired UK70The Asus ZenBook Pro Duo has two screens. But is it a good laptop?The ZenBook is one of the most innovative laptops on the market, and two screens can certainly make sense in some situations – but, elsewhere, this machine has been compromised in several important ways.TechRadar70Are two screens better than one?The Asus ZenBook Pro Duo is an interesting spin on the classic laptop design, with two 4K screens and a huge amount of firepower built into its body. However, it feels like there are a few too many compromises made to house the second screen – known as the Screenpad Plus. It's expensive, bulky and the Screenpad Plus doesn't quite justify those compromises.Digital Trends70The best dual-screen laptop yetThe ZenBook Pro Duo is niche laptop meant for a small audience. If you don't have the need for extreme power, the two screens alone won't be worth shelling out $3,000.Notebookcheck80ZenBook on SteroidsIt irons out some of the kinks of the original ScreenPad for a more natural desktop experience. Nonetheless, dual-screen laptops are still in their infancy and the ZenBook Pro Duo series could certainly benefit from a lighter and thinner design in the future.Hardware Zone80Are two displays better than one?Whether or not users will find the ScreenPad Plus genuinely useful will come down to personal usage habits. Some people are so accustomed to running apps in full-screen mode on their notebooks that a larger or even an extra display won't matter. Others will absolutely revel in having an extra highly customisable display.