ASUS ZenBook 3
Read Full Review
The ZenBook 3 does a decent job of mimicking the MacBook's design while also cramming in faster hardware. But the combination of a hard-to-use keyboard and trackpad, along with build quality concerns, make it difficult to recommend.
This ultraportable's fast performance is tempered by an uncomfortable keyboard and jumpy trackpad.
EngadgetOctober 30, 2016
- Thin and light design comparable to the MacBook
- As fast as other high-end ultraportables
- Vibrant screen
- Comes with a mini-dock for extra ports
- Keyboard and trackpad are difficult to use
- Fingerprint sensor placement makes no sense
- Build quality is suspect
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
Users - Not yet scored
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
ASUS ZenBook 3
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 76AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsZDNet80ASUS ZenBook 3 UX390UA review: Great design and buThe ASUS ZenBook 3 is a well built, very light ultraportable that looks fantastic. It is ... expensive, and that makes me critical of those features that don't come up to the mark. The ... keyboard and touchpad are notable in this respect, along with the single USB-C port.Wired50REVIEW: ASUS ZENBOOK 3The high-end specs make up for the loss of touchability, and benchmarks in general showcase impressive but not earth-shattering performance, at least on a pound-for-pound basis. ... Recommended with reservations.Laptop Magazine70Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA ReviewThinner than the MacBook, Asus' ZenBook 3 combines stunning looks with speedy performance and a sharp display, but battery life could be better.PC Mag80Asus ZenBook 3 (UX390UA)Although it's one of the thinnest and lightest laptops we've seen, the slick Asus ZenBook 3 still manages to deliver outstanding battery life and performance with its Intel "Kaby Lake" Core i7 processor.PC World80Asus ZenBook 3 review: This MacBook clone is powerThe Asus ZenBook 3 is extremely compact and lightweight, but its keyboard and single USB-C port are a bit of a letdown.CNET80Asus ZenBook 3 review: A Windows cure for your 12-The Asus ZenBook 3 mimics many of the best features of Apple's 12-inch MacBook, but in a Windows version with a more powerful processor.Windows Central80ASUS ZenBook 3 review: Can you live with just a siI like the ZenBook 3 a lot. You might too if you're the right sort of person to buy one. It's expensive and it's noisy and at the base model you're not getting a fast SSD, but it's still a really nice ultra-portable laptop to slip into a bag or briefcase.TrustedReviews80Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA reviewThe ZenBook 3 is technically stunning with just a few compromises.Alphr80Asus ZenBook 3 review: Finally, a MacBook alternatIf you’re not sold on the limited performance and high price of the Apple original, this laptop ZenBook 3 provides a variation on the theme that could be exactly what you’re looking for.Digital Trends80ASUS ZENBOOK 3 UX390UA REVIEWFast, slim, and handsome, Asus’ Zenbook 3 is the super-slim laptop to beat.
1920 x 1080
MAXIMUM BATTERY LIFE
Up to 920
More from ASUS
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The optional finish promises to be more durable and fingerprint resistant, while Intel's 13th-gen chips should deliver improved performance.
- 71Laptops with flexible screens still aren't ready for the mainstream, but ASUS' first attempt shows promise.