Garmin Forerunner 15
For about the same price as an entry-level running watch, the Forerunner offers all the usual running features, plus step tracking so you can monitor your activity between workouts. It's a good buy for runners who need a sports watch, and would prefer not to wear a second device for fitness tracking.
- Long battery life
- Fair price, considering the feature set
- Includes step tracking, allowing it to double as a basic fitness tracker
- Compatible with heart rate monitors
- No wireless syncing
- Doesn't automatically track sleep
- App doesn't offer much motivation
- Because it's more of a running watch than fitness tracker, you won't necessarily want to wear it every day
- Critic Reviews (6)
- User Reviews (2)
- 80AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE6 ReviewsCNET80A great watch for the casual runnerIts lack of Bluetooth notwithstanding, the affordable Garmin Forerunner 15 is otherwise a great health tracking wristwatch for runners.ZDNet80Garmin Forerunner 15 and 220 reviews: LightweightI really like the idea behind the Garmin Forerunner 15 and I think it was a good move for Garmin to make the product. However, I am disappointed in the lack of Bluetooth to sync to my phone; a feature that you can find in their Vivofit and other Forerunner watches individually.Engadget80Garmin Forerunner 15 review: sports watch first, fFor about the same price as an entry-level running watch, the Forerunner offers all the usual running features, plus step tracking so you can monitor your activity between workouts. It's a good buy for runners who need a sports watch, and would prefer not to wear a second device for fitness tracking.PC Mag90Garmin Forerunner 15Garmin is one seriously trusted name among data-loving athletes, and its Forerunner 15 is the best hybrid sports watch-activity tracker we've tested. The price is right, too.SlashGearNot RatedGarmin Forerunner 15 blends VivoFit and GPS fitnesThe Forerunner 15 can track location as well using integrated GPS tracking. During running sessions, the watch counts distance, pace, calories, and - with the right accessory - heart rate. Plugged into a PC or Mac, that all synchronizes with Garmin Connect.Popular Mechanics70The Quantified Jog: Garmin Forerunner 15 ReviewedThose who run (or cycle, or play around) outdoors, love maps, and can't get enough of their own data will get plenty from the Forerunner as they build a catalog of runs. Just don't expect the one device to do everything.DC Rainmaker80Garmin Forerunner 15 GPS Watch & Daily Activity MoIf you’re looking for an entry level running watch (and don’t care about the activity tracker piece), then this is still a very solid choice and would be among my top recommendations.
- 85AVERAGE USER SCORE2 ReviewsJoe100December 16, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I've had the Forerunner 15 for 3 years, and it is perfect for my running needs. I recently purchased the Forerunner 35 which is o.k. I still use the chest HR band because the wrist hr monitor is not as accurate. Both are great.Engadget Reader70November 12, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - Engadget