Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 15-Inch
The Surface Laptop 3 is a super-sized version of Microsoft’s ultraportable, with a gorgeous 15-inch screen and powerful AMD hardware. It’s impressive for a 3.4-pound machine, though it lags behind slightly heavier 15-inch notebooks when it comes to overall power and usability, due to its lack of ports and its thin profile.
- AMD’s hardware makes it a powerful ultraportable
- Clean and simple design
- Wonderful keyboard and trackpad
- Gorgeous screen
- Only two ports
- Pricier and less powerful than other 15-inch laptops
- Shorter battery life than the Surface Laptop 2
Surface Laptop 3
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 71AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsAnandTech50The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 (15-Inch) ReviewOverall, the Surface Laptop 3 15 is a great laptop. It keeps all of the design cues of the smaller generation and just makes it a bit bigger, retaining the same thin & light design and keeping it easy to travel with. Microsoft has forged a solid partnership with AMD...Laptop Magazine70Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 (15-inch) ReviewThe 15-inch Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is an attractive ultraportable laptop with a large display, but it has some flaws.PC World80Surface Laptop 3 reviewMicrosoft refreshed its general-purpose clamshell notebook PC with a custom AMD processor and USB-C, generally succeeding in everything but battery life.Gizmodo80Microsoft and AMD's Surface Laptop 3 Is Something SpecialIf you value portability and don’t need half a dozen CPU cores and a big discrete GPU, the Surface Laptop 3 is a rarity that hits a perfect balance I didn’t know I needed until I had it in my lap.PC Mag80Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 (15-Inch)With a large 3:2 screen, a comfortable touchpad, light weight for its size, and decent performance (powered by new partner AMD), Microsoft's larger-screen Surface Laptop 3 is an excellent mainstream machine.TechRadar80Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 (15-inch) reviewThe 15-inch Surface Laptop 3 has some of the best battery life we’ve seen in a 15-inch laptop, which should be lauded. However, this laptop falls well short on both the power and versatility that most expect from a 15-inch device, making it tough to recommend to most people.CNN70The Surface Laptop 3 is a jack of all tradesFor a productivity machine for light editing and light gaming, it's worth a shot. The vibrant display, sleek design and solid battery life won't disappoint for those uses. In the end, the 15-inch Surface Laptop 3 feels like a jack of all trades, master of none. Not a bad thing, but not a category winning trait, either.Windows Central70Loads of good looks, very little substanceThe Surface Laptop 3 15-inch looks the part, but underneath it all, it disappoints. The AMD processor is nothing exciting, and battery life is just OK. No Wi-Fi 6, muddied audio, and the lack of HDR make this laptop just a slightly bigger 13.5 model with no unique features. Potential buyers may find the 13.5 model more appealing.The Verge70It's A Bigger Surface LaptopIf you were hoping that the 15-inch Laptop 3 would be more than just a bigger Surface Laptop, I’m sorry to report that you’ll be disappointed. ... I don’t know if Microsoft needed to make a 15-inch version of the Surface Laptop, but it did, and it mostly did a good job with it.Digital Trends60A beautiful missThere’s nothing flashy about the Surface Laptop 3, especially not the all-black model I reviewed. It’s a simple, well-built laptop with most of its bases covered, and that’ll be enough for some. But this isn’t the powerful MacBook Pro competitor many wanted it to be, nor is it a substantial improvement over its predecessor.
Apple iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max review: Just different enough
Apple iPhone 14 review: Not an upgrade year for most
More from Microsoft
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?