Read Full Review
The newest Razer Blade is the company's best laptop yet, but it trades epic battery life for an exceptional display.
- Fast and powerful
- Great 3,200 x 1,800 display
- Slim, compact and attractive
- Screen resolution can undercut performance
- Shorter battery life than the 2013 model
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
- Critic Reviews (8)
- User Reviews (6)
- 81AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE8 ReviewsPC Mag70Razer Blade (2014)The newest Razer Blade ultraportable gaming laptop has a lot to love, but a higher price and some performance issues leave us recommending last year's model instead.Gizmodo80Razer Blade 2014 Review: Great For Games, OverkillThe Blade 2014 is a leap forward as a gaming laptop, and an impressive feat of engineering, but a step back as an everything-else machine. So get your game on, by all means, but you should probably look for a different daily driver.Wired80Razer Blade (2014)With its iconic green-backlit keyboard, sturdy matte-black chassis, beefy audio, and top-shelf performance, there’s plenty to like in the New Razer Blade. Unfortunately, that comes at a cost that is becoming a bit difficult to swallow.Engadget90â€‹â€‹Razer Blade review (2014): a 'no-compromise'The newest Razer Blade is the company's best laptop yet, but it trades epic battery life for an exceptional display.CNET80High-res touchscreen puts Razer's thin gaming laptRazer’s newest gaming laptop trades ultralong battery life for a fantastic screen and even better graphics. It’s a trade worth making: this is the best Razer gaming laptop, and the best thin gaming PC anywhere.WiredNot RatedRazerâ€™s Slim Yet Crazy-Powerful Laptop Inches ClThis premium portable will certainly cost you: The new 14-inch Razer Blade will start at $2,200 for its 128GB SSD base version. 256GB and 512GB SSD configurations will also be available for a bit more than that.PC WorldNot RatedHands-on: Updated Razer Blade and Blade Pro laptopRazer's gone all-in on the diminutive Blade this year, overhauling the screen, the internals, the keyboard—everything, really. The Blade's screen is their pride and joy.PC MagNot RatedHands On With the New Razer Blade, Blade ProNow, no single-GPU system will play AAA titles at 3,200 by 1,800 (yet), but tweak the quality settings down to medium-high and you'll get smooth gameplay out of the Razer Blade.CNETNot RatedHands-on: the new Razer Blade laptop adds a 3200x1In the hand, the Blade feels great, too, with a matte finish, bright keyboard backlight, and that eye-popping high-res touch screen covered with edge-to-edge glass.GizmodoNot RatedRazer's Righteous New Blade Might Be the Best WindEverything we loved about Blades past is still here: a stellar keyboard, a beautiful rock-solid body, discrete graphics guts for gaming. But the highlight this time around is the screen, the stunningly beautiful 3200x1600 IPS touchscreen that graces the 14-inch model.Mashable90The 2014 Razer Blade Is the Best Gaming Laptop, PeThe Razer Blade is the best gaming laptop you can buy.The Verge80Razer Blade (2014) review: laptop gaming never looYou get some of the most powerful silicon ever crammed into a laptop, and a super high definition display. In other words, you may not look like a geek carrying around the new Blade, but you might have to be one to appreciate it.IGN80Razer Blade Review (2014)Having only launched its first gaming laptop in 2012, Razer is still cutting its teeth in the PC systems space, but it's innovating rapidly. The 2014 Blade not only represents a significant evolutionary leap over last year's model, but a commendable attempt to push the entire category forward.TechRadarNot RatedHands on: New Razer Blade reviewThe screen is worlds better than the original and I can't imagine other gaming laptop makers - hell, any laptop maker - ignoring what Razer has put in the Blade.It's not just a pretty face though and Nvidia's new GPU was impressive during my short time seeing it in action.The VergeNot RatedRazer's new Blade might be the perfect gaming laptThat garish low-resolution 1600 x 900 display has been replaced with a crazy high-res 3200 x 1800 IGZO IPS screen that's incredibly crisp, with far wider 160-degree viewing angles, less color shift, and which the company says is responsive enough for gaming.Maximum PCNot RatedNew 14-inch Razer Blade Comes with Highest ResolutThe new 14-inch Razer Blade’s biggest feature is the 3200x1800 touchscreen display that features 5.76 megapixels. It is a significant upgrade from last year’s model that featured a 1600x900 resolution display.IGNNot RatedNew Razer Blade Features 'World's Highest ResolutiRazer is putting a lot of weight into the quality of the display, and based on first-hand experience, it's deserving of the attention. Color bursts from the screen and the level of detail in photos and games running at native resolution is exceptional.
- 95AVERAGE USER SCORE6 ReviewsEngadget Reader90April 15, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The notebook can incorporate a quality hardware in a beautiful and very thin aluminum case. The screen has good colors and a very high resolution. The keyboard is comfortable and the touchpad is very good. The notebook has all of the best quality, only the fans that sin at high speeds make much noise.Engadget Reader90March 17, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90July 31, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!There isn't anything new I can say about the Blade that isn't already said or commented about.What else is there to say about this? They keys feel great. The screen has an ungodly resolution and if you set it for 1:1, the font is so damn small! But that's not a minus or gripe, it's just the resolution capabilities.Games run very well at native resolution and with all games on Max/Ultra. The only things I've had issues with is the heat. But issue I mean it's hot to touch (area above the # keys). I turn down a lot of the settings only because at that resolution, I can't tell if AA is on...sure, it looks good, but it looks good even with medium settings. YMMV...Engadget Reader100July 27, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Got this laptop because I wanted power in a reasonably-sized package and I don't regret it! It is premium in every way. I do IT work so it is important that my computer be quick, powerful, and reliable - this one really shines in all of those areas. It was frustrating at first because the release date kept getting pushed back due to overwhelming demand. But I think was because they really hit a sweet spot with this one. Users like me are tired of cheap and want a Windows machine that does not feel like every corner was cut to keep costs low and increase profit margins. This one came clean of any junk programs and promotional garbage as well. To me, this laptop is an excellent example of a Windows machine done right. Great job Razer!Engadget Reader100May 28, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Thinnest and super lightweight. Amazing screen and performance. For all who like MacBook quality but enjoy using windows and windows apps. High price but there is no equal product, so this is for those who demand the best. I'm so used to high Rez that any less resolution on a laptop feels like I'm using a VGA screen, and I love the razer keyboard.Engadget Reader100May 16, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The only thing I can possibly complain about is the price, other than that, it is the best gaming laptop I have ever seen considering the portability and performance. Razer Blade 2014 is probably the most powerful 14" laptop in the market right now. It has a Quad Core i7-4702HQ, a GTX870M GPU, and a 3200x1800 IZGO touch screen, which make it a complete beast. Most importantly while this notebook has such a great performance, it is so thin, light weight, and and well designed. People often complain about the noise and heat problem, but I find it pretty quiet and not as hot as I expected, it is actually cooler than my 15" MBPr. So....if you are a gamer or a photo editor who travels a lot, this is a perfect laptop for you.
Login to Write a Review
Samsung's latest rugged tablet gets a Dex and WiFi 6 update
Samsung's latest rugged tablet gets a Dex and WiFi 6 update
The home fitness tech that will help us stay active in 2021