Universal Audio Volt 276
The 76 series of Universal Audio’s Volt audio interfaces deliver something truly unique – an all analog hardware approximation of the company’s iconic 1176 compressor. The design is also worth lauding. The Volt 176, 276 and 476 are not just attractive, but pleasing to use with large controls, clear metering and wooden cheeks. It’s a slight shame that you don’t have more fine tuned control over the compressor and direct monitoring.
- Vintage mode add character
- 76 Compressor is excellent
- Controls are large and spaced for easy use
- Attractive design
- Software bundle is mediocre
- No blend for direct monitoring
Critics - Not yet scored
Users - Not yet scored
Tesla debuts an actual, mechanical prototype of its Optimus robot
Apple AirPods Pro review (2nd-gen): Big improvements, all on the inside
More from Universal Audio
- At $400 they're not cheap, but still cost quite a bit less than the vintage amps they're emulating.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?