The Contour+2 may well be the best digital action camcorder on the market (though Sony and GoPro would beg to differ), but the company knows not everyone wants a $400 shooter to capture their epic runs this ski season. Thus, Contour has introduced the ROAM2, a $199 model that records 1080p 30fps and 720p 60fps video on its included 4GB microSD card. Like the original Roam, it can capture clips up to one meter underwater without an external case, has a 270-degree rotating lens and a laser level to line up your shots. This new Roam, however, sports improved image quality and an aluminum skin of four colors: black, red and blue will be widely available, and green models can be had exclusively from Amazon through the end of the year (other retailers will carry it in 2013). Want one? Best Buy and other retailers will start selling them on October 21st.
ContourROAM2 Makes Action Video Dead Simple
Available in Color at Best Buy and Select Retailers on October 21
SEATTLE, WASH. – October 16, 2012 – Contour Inc., maker of the world's easiest-to use action HD camcorders, today announces a vibrant and exciting new camera into the ever-growing market: the ContourROAM2. The ContourROAM2 introduces several new consumer-requested updates, while winning style points by offering the camera in four vibrant colors. With fine-tuned video quality and a simple, user-friendly interface, the ContourROAM2 makes it easy to live life in color.
"Simplicity, quality, versatility, and form factor have always been at the forefront of Contour's award-winning designs and the ContourROAM2 is no exception," said Marc Barros, CEO of Contour. "The ContourROAM2 and recently launched, data-rich Contour+2 show the company's laser focus on simplicity and innovation."
The ContourROAM2 features thehighest quality HD action video, lightweight design and 270° rotating lens. Additional features include:
· Locking Instant On-Record switch: Simply slide the Instant On-Record switch into its locked position to immediately start capturing video
· Four Crisp HD Modes: Shoot in 1080p as well as 720p at 60 frames per second
· New Vibrant Colors: Selectfrom red, blue, green*, and signature black
· Waterproof Design: Take the ContourROAM2 in water up to one meter without a case
· Still Photo Mode: Shoot in 9 different time intervals with still photo mode
· Environmentally friendly packaging: For the first time, Contour is introducing a new green packagemade of 100% recyclable materials
· Versatility: Compatible with Contour's extensive collection of camera mounts
Contour is also announcing a partnership with Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY), that will enable consumers to purchase the ContourROAM2, Contour+2 and Contour accessories at Best Buy stores nationwide on October 21.
To see the ContourROAM2 in action, check out the launch video here: http://youtu.be/jRwIZA4Czj8and explore other amazing footage of some of the world's top athletes using Contour products on the company's YouTube channel.