Post Thumbnail

Ubisoft has fully purchased German developer Related Designs, best known for creating the Anno strategy series (Americans may remember Anno 1404 as Dawn of Discovery). The French publisher previously held a 30 percent share in the company, but bought the other 70 percent in an undisclosed cash tr...

April 12th 2013 at 10:30am 0 Comments
Post Thumbnail

Anno 2070's under the sea expansion pack "Deep Ocean" will be available October 4 for $29.99.Announced earlier this year, the downloadable add-on will allow for a underwater geothermal plant, a new Tech Monument and a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction. Deep Ocean also includes o...

August 3rd 2012 at 2:00am 0 Comments
Post Thumbnail

Anno 2070 will go under the sea this autumn with the "Deep Ocean" expansion. The pack will allow for an underwater geothermal plant, a "hostile takeover" without the use of military, a new population class of "Genius" for the Tech faction and several other additions.The futurisitic update of the co...

April 24th 2012 at 6:00pm 0 Comments
Post Thumbnail

It's hard to watch Ubisoft's abusive relationship with PC gamers, but here's another example of the publisher delivering a box of chocolates to the hospital room. Economics and ecology simulator Anno 2070 has some pretty strict DRM, allowing only three installs per copy, which is restrictive but no...

January 23rd 2012 at 10:00am 0 Comments
Post Thumbnail

Having released Dawn of Discovery in 2009, German developer Related Designs is producing a follow-up to its city building / strategy game which shifts the timeline several centuries forward. Co-developed by The Settlers studio Blue Byte, Anno 2070 is due out on PC this year, promising some twists...

April 4th 2011 at 5:30pm 0 Comments
Post Thumbnail

Ubisoft is bringing the Anno series of historical strategy games to Wii and DS in North America under the title Dawn of Discovery this summer. It's also coming to PC -- but another strategy game on PC isn't really that big a deal. Dawn of Discovery features city-building gameplay in a simulated 14...

February 26th 2009 at 2:15pm 0 Comments