The Alienware Steam Machine delivers on almost everything Valve promised: It's easy to use and set up, feels just like a real game console and makes PC gaming in the living room a viable reality. If every game on the market supported Linux, it would be perfect.
- An authentic-feeling PC games "console" that just works
- Powerful enough to run almost everything on the Steam marketplace
- Steam Controller enables "PC-only" experiences from the couch
- SteamOS' Linux Library doesn't have everything you want to play
- Some games suffer from an odd, occasional stutter
- The console store is harder to navigate than the web version
- Can't turn the console on with just the controller