Apple iPhone 12
This year’s iPhone 12 is a huge leap by almost every measure from the iPhone 11. And better still, the gap between the 12 and the Apple’s Pro iPhones has closed dramatically. The iPhone 12’s blend of design, performance and price make it as close to a no-brainer as possible, though people who loved the iPhone 11’s battery life will be a little disappointed. Even so, we have no doubt that for most people, the iPhone 12 is absolutely the right choice.
- New Pro-like design
- Much-improved Super Cinema XDR display
- Exceptional performance 5G is here if you want it
- Great cameras
- Battery life isn’t as good as iPhone 11
- Apps and iOS need to optimize for 5G
- Camera setup isn’t as flexible as the Pro’s
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (7)
- 84AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE7 ReviewsNew York Times80Superfast Speed, if You Can Find ItIt’s tough to recommend splurging on a fancy phone in a pandemic. But here are three quick questions to ask yourself about whether it’s time to upgrade: Can I still get software updates on my current phone? Is my device repairable for a reasonable cost? Am I happy with my phone? If you answered no to any of the above questions, you will probably be happy investing in this upgrade.The Wall Street Journal90The Best iPhones—but Not for the 5GDon’t consider Apple’s latest iPhones for the superfast 5G network connection, but for the best design in years and a great set of cameras.Tom's Guide80The iPhone 12 is a serious step forward for the most popular iPhone, but it’s not quite perfectThe iPhone 12 sports a gorgeous new design, full 5G support, great cameras and even better performance. However, the lack of a charger in box and limited base storage are drawbacks.Wired70Don’t buy it just for 5GGet the iPhone 12 if you’re long overdue for a fast phone with a great camera and you prefer iOS and living in Apple’s ecosystem. But don’t get the iPhone 12 solely for 5G. A smartphone, more than ever, should be something that fits into your life and delivers the experiences and connections you need it to. It shouldn’t be an overpriced vehicle for technology you can’t fully take advantage of yet. And it shouldn’t be the cause of more stress. There’s enough of that already.CNET90One of our highest rated phones of all time5G support, a new striking design, improved cameras and four different models all add up to make the iPhone 12 an absolute unit.The Verge90RAISING THE BARThe iPhone 12 is going to be the default choice for a lot of people buying an iPhone over the next year, and it’s frankly fortunate that the default iPhone is so good. I think most people should get this instead of the iPhone 12 Pro. But I also think if you have an iPhone that’s working for you just fine, there’s not a must-have gotta-get-it feature here to compel you to upgrade. That’s how default phones work: when you need one, get one, and it will be way better than what you were using. When you don’t need one, don’t.But when the time comes for you to get a new phone and if you end up with this iPhone 12, I think you’re going to love it.CNBC90Apple iPhone 12 vs. iPhone 12 Pro reviewThe iPhone 12 has great cameras, an awesome screen, excellent battery life and future-proofs you with 5G.