DJI Mavic 2 Pro
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is an outstanding drone, and a worthy successor to the original. The Hasselblad camera turns out stellar images, and makes it a solid option for those looking for Phantom 4-level shots, with Mavic portability. It’s a fair amount more expensive than the previous version, but the value may be even better this time around. However, I wouldn’t recommend the Mavic 2 for everyone. The lack of Wi-Fi connectivity may be a deal-breaker for certain people. If you don’t need all the new features, there are less expensive drones with similar designs and capabilities, but none of which are as robust and comprehensive as the Mavic 2 Pro.
- Great image quality and low-light performance
- Variable f/2.8-f/11 aperture
- 5-mile range and better live video feed
- Increased speed and battery life
- Quiet (for a drone)
- No WiFi connectivity
- High price
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 91AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag100DJI Mavic 2 ProThe DJI Mavic 2 Pro is the best small drone on the market, with superior image and video quality, obstacle avoidance, and excellent battery life.Wired90REVIEW: DJI MAVIC 2 PROFor those who want the prettiest footage possible from a compact drone, well, the Mavic 2 Pro is the first consumer-oriented drone that actually earns the Pro name. The footage really does look that good.Imaging Resource90The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is the Best Drone Ever MadeLook, we can nitpick things like quality of footage and the strength of the gimbal, but in the end they're all basically meaningless in the face of this near-unassailable fact: this is the best overall drone anyone has ever made. It gets so much more right than it does wrong, and the quality of the photo and video next to the life of the battery and the quality of the build along with the new features and the... you get the point. It's just a stacked deck of a product. If you already fly drones regularly and don't own the Mavic 2 Pro, you should. If you have never flown a drone before and are considering buying one, this is the one you should buy (with perhaps the lone exception of the Mavic Air). It is so easy to fly and transport that when you compare the sheer value of that part of this product alone it's criminal how good it is when you add in the quality of the footage you can capture with it.Pocket-Lint90High-tech drone gets Hasselblad high-fiveThere's a very good reason why DJI is the market leader of drones: its combination of high-tech features, flight modes and video/image quality is an unbeatable combination. With the Mavic 2 Pro, that reputation is only enhanced once more.PC World Australia90These glorious heightsMake no mistake, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is definitely a drone worth getting hyped up about. But unless you’re a diehard, it’s difficult to say whether it’s going to be worth grabbing on day one at full price.Camera Labs90DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom reviewThe DJI Mavic 2 is now the product to beat in the drone market. The cameras in both the Zoom and Pro versions are impressive, the 1-inch sensor on the Pro is everything a photographer could hope for ... Build quality is convincing if not perfect, and flight times, range, and manoeuvrability are all excellent. Finally DJI’s on-board software completes the package with considered, well implemented and appealing features. ... If you were looking at the Phantom 4 Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro is a very serious alternative in a smaller package. Very highly recommended.The Verge90TAKE DRONE PHOTOGRAPHY TO NEW HEIGHTSThe Pro gives you noticeably better video quality than you could ever get with a drone of this size ... These new drones make you think differently about the creative possibilities you can get out of your drone.In addition to that, these drones just work great, so you don’t have to worry about connectivity, stability, or any of the other headaches that you used to have to deal with when flying a drone. Instead, you can just focus on getting the shot.Digital Trends90DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom reviewDJI’s Mavic 2 line is unquestionably the king of the skies.PetaPixel90I've Never Flown a DroneGiven that this was my first experience with a drone, I don’t really have any basis for comparison. But I can say even first time flyers will have no problem piloting the drone and capturing compelling content. It’s a compact, incredibly well-designed piece of hardware with stellar image quality. All of this to say that the Mavic 2 Pro is a pretty damn good piece of gear, and I can’t wait to “Go Fly” again.USA Today90Mavic 2 Pro drone soars overheadThe Mavic 2 is a photographer’s dream.