DJI Mavic Mini
The Mavic Mini takes everything DJI has learned about flying cameras and crams it into the smallest drone from the company to date. At just 249 grams, it’s light and incredibly portable. It still flies like a champ and comes with a solid camera for the price. There are a few compromises that might turn off more experiences pilots and photographers, but for the vast majority it’s cheap enough and capable enough to make it a pretty appealing option.
- Small yet capable in the air
- Solid camera performance with some caveats
- Stellar battery life
- Video link a little flaky at times
- Lacks some core camera features
- Fewer smart modes
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 92AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsGizmodo90The DJI Mavic Mini Blew Me AwayIt's enough of a drone to help you learn how to fly and to capture incredible aerial footage. At the same time, the Mavic Mini is a gateway drone, something that's going to get you more interested in these amazing 21st-century gadgets. It's much more than a toy.Digital Photography Review90The DJI Mavic Mini is the tiny drone you want in your Xmas stockingOverall, the Mavic Mini is the perfect drone for beginners. It's lightweight, easy to set up, and a joy to fly.TechCrunch90Tiny, powerful and the perfect drone for anyoneThe camera is surprisingly good though admittedly less powerful than DJI’s more expensive drones. The Mavic Mini is the perfect drone for a first-timer or experienced drone enthusiast.T3100An ultra light hi-res camera drone for one and allDJI Mini is yet another example of DJI's mastery of the drone market. This is the loveliest, most desirable little camera-equipped drone ever to snap from the air. Smooth, fast, eminently controllable and stupefyingly small, DJI Mavic Mini shoots exceptional 2.7K video and impressive 12mp stills while costing no more than a half-decent compact camera. You WILL want one…Android Central80The perfect starter droneThe Mavic Mini is the most accessible drone in DJI's lineup. It's light enough that you don't need to register it with the FAA, and it folds down to pack nicely in a bag. The DJI Fly app offers easy controls and a map of fly zones, and the Fly More kit offers even more value.TechRadar100DJI's smallest, lightest, and cheapest drone is a triumphThe DJI Mavic Mini is a masterful balance of portability, price, image quality, and convenience. Its featherweight, foldable design means you can fly it without needing to register it first, and despite its size it still manages to offer remarkably stable video.Digital Camera World100DJI Mavic Mini reviewThe DJI Mavic Mini is the lightest truly premium drone around.Digital Trends70A weekend with DJI's affordable droneThe Mavic Mini is a cabin in the woods. It's refreshingly simple and has all the things you need to survive, but I wouldn't want to live there full-time. The Mavic Mini is missing too many of the modern conveniences I love. Specifically, 4K video capture and automatic obstacle avoidance.Expert Reviews100Tiny but mightyFor such a small, lightweight drone, though, the DJI Mavic Mini delivers big time. It's capable of shooting detailed, colour-rich video, it’s responsive and predictable in flight, and the battery lasts an absolute age. Plus, it’s light enough to come in under the threshold for drone registration.Stuff100DJI Mavic Mini reviewDinky drones don’t come more feature-packed, and bigger drones need to be registered, making the DJI Mavic Mini a drone in a league of its own.
- 100AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsMichael100November 27, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Solid performance.Great camera quality.Lessons learned: 1 Come back as soon as battery warning goes!2 Don't send it where you can't run to!3 Dont fly out with a tailwind!4 Don't fly in low cloud!5 Don't set return to home at 500m high!6 Find my Drone is a great feature!7 Don't edit in the DJI app as it reduces the video quality.Check "mcmach1" on YouTube for sample videos straight from camera.