Google Pixel 2
Rather than build two identical Pixels this year, Google decided to make its new small smartphone a little more conservative. Make no mistake: the Pixel 2 is still an incredibly fast phone, and a clean build of Android 8.0 Oreo combined with Google's intelligent features make the device incredibly capable. And its camera? Just fantastic. Because of its more traditional design and smaller battery, though, the Pixel 2 doesn't make as strong an impression as the Pixel XL. Still, if you're looking for a first-rate Android phone that won't make your hands cramp, you'd do well to start your search here.
- Excellent performance
- Truly impressive camera
- It's finally water resistant
- Android 8.0 is powerful and accessible
- eSIM works well with Project Fi
- No microSD slot or headphone jack
- Its design feels dated
- Unlimited full-res photo storage only lasts three years
- Middling battery life
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 84AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired80Review: Google Pixel 2In almost every way, the Pixel 2 is the iPhone of Android phones. And that’s a compliment.Gizmodo80Pixel 2 Review: Google Sticks to What It Does BestYou’re not buying this phone for its build or its style, you’re getting it because you think Google’s software has the answers. And more often than any of its competitors, it does.CNET90Google Pixel 2 review: Google's flagship followupBuy the Pixel 2 for the best camera on any Android phone and fast Google updates, but skip it if you can't live without a headphone jack or a standout design.PC Mag80Google Pixel 2The Pixel 2 brings exclusive Google Assistant features you can't get on any other phone, and lets you trigger them with a squeeze.TechRadar80Google Pixel 2 reviewThe Pixel 2 clues us in on why Google called its phone series Pixel: it was building the best camera on a phone. This second-generation effort fulfills that promise with best-in-class photos, dual front-facing speakers and water-resistance. You'll just need to be okay with ... no headphone jack.The Verge90GOOGLE PIXEL 2 REVIEW: PLAINLY GREATThe Pixel 2 isn't the nice dining room table with the fancy silverware. It's the kitchen counter where you actually eat. It's not as impressive, but it's much more comfortable. That's what makes the design of this year's Google Phones great. They're meant to be of use, and they are.Android Central90Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL review: The new stanThe Pixel 2, with a very attainable price, offers excellent value for the money — it also has a better display and more manageable size. Unless you feel like you need the extra screen size or battery of the 2 XL, pick the Pixel 2. You'll love it.Expert Reviews80http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/google/1406359/googThe Google Pixel 2 is as good as Android handsets get and, arguably, as good as any smartphone on the market. You should probably buy one.Digital Trends80Google Pixel 2 ReviewThe Pixel 2 is a brilliantly fast, compact smartphone with a stunning camera.The Next Web90Google Pixel 2 Review: So good, I almost donâ€™t cWhile some of us will always crave devices with packed with crazy specs and hardware, the beauty of Google’s OS is that you have choices. I’m just glad a phone that ‘just works’ is now a choice too.
- 30AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsEngadget Reader30February 26, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A poor product that's more likely to be frustrating than useful. - Engadget
MacBook Air M1 review: Faster than most PCs, no fan required
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max review: Better, not just bigger
More from Google
- A version of Chrome optimized for Apple's new ARM-based CPU was briefly available before being pulled due to a bug.