Google Pixel C
The Pixel C, while an intriguing first effort at making a convertible, is simply tough to recommend. It's well built, but Google has made some surprising usability mistakes with the Pixel C, and Android just isn't cut out for productivity as much as Chrome OS or Windows yet.
- Premium build quality
- Keyboard feels great
- Noticeably fast for a tablet
- Keyboard is another $149
- Android still isn't built for desktop-like multitasking
- Still not a wide variety of great Android tablet apps
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 78AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsGizmodo70Google Pixel C Review: Android's Not Ready For a TI can only recommend the Pixel C to someone who desperately wants one of the best-looking Android tablets out there and doesn’t mind its quirky magnet design. For almost every other person, you’re better off looking elsewhere.CNET90Google Pixel C review: An Android tablet worthy ofThe Google Pixel C is the best Android tablet money can buy.Wired50Review: Google Pixel CThis lovely hardware shines floodlights on the Android issues Google hasn’t solved ... Google’s software has always been better than the hardware it ran on—that’s why the Nexus lineup exists. But the Pixel C is so much better than its software that it’s almost infuriating.TechCrunch80Review: Googleâ€™s High-End Pixel C TabletThe Pixel Chromebooks were meant to show what you can build when you don’t cut corners to keep the price down — the C is meant to showcase what that would look like for a high-end Android productivity tablet. It’s the Android Tablet for the CEO — assuming your CEO uses Android.Time90Pixel C Review: Googleâ€™s New Tablet Is Great, BuThe Pixel C is a well-built and attractive Android tablet aimed at productivity, but the combined cost of the tablet and the keyboard is high.International Business Times70http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/google-pixel-c-review-topGoogle should either have stopped when it made the perfect iPad alternative, or carried on to make the perfect Microsoft Surface alternative. Instead, it stopped halfway between the two and made neither.The Verge80Google Pixel C review: Too clever by halfThe performance issues, the lack of apps, and the lack of split-screen functionality show that, right now, Android isn’t really even trying to participate in that future. Simply put: the Pixel team has mostly delivered something really good, the Android team has not.TechRadar90Google Pixel C reviewGoogle's done it – it's made the best Android tablet around. The Pixel C has it all: a fantastic display, heaps of power and a premium design. Plus, for those willing to splash the cash, the keyboard is a great accessory.Yahoo80Googleâ€™s Pixel C Reviewed: A Gorgeous Lap-TabletIf you assess the Pixel C as an enhanced tablet instead of a hobbled laptop, you’ll be rewarded by one of the most successful mobile hardware designs ever dreamed up.TrustedReviews80Google Pixel C reviewThe best Android tablet yet, but it’s let down by a lack of software optimisation.
Poly Effects Beebo review: A versatile and complex touchscreen guitar pedal
What it takes to get a job building robotic Mars explorers for NASA
More from Google
- In the US, UK and Australia, the News Showcase will now feature articles from publications like The Wall Street Journal.