At last, an episode of The Engadget Podcast where we have no reason to talk about Apple! This week, we turn our attention to a small underdog of a company with a narrow, well-thought-out product line. Just kidding, we're talking about Amazon, which has enough money to roll out a wide range of products and see what sticks. We ranked the company's confusing new lineup from "sensible" to "weird," and also carved out a few minutes to rant about Twitter's new 280-character experiment.
With that, we're going dark again for a little while, but hope to bring you new episodes soon enough, possibly in a new format. Suggestions? Feedback? Feel free to email us or leave your thoughts in the comments.
- Amazon is hosting a surprise Alexa-focused event today at 1:30PM ET
- Amazon's redesigned Echo features improved sound
- Amazon's Echo Connect gives you a smart speakerphone for your landline
- Echo Button is Amazon's tiny accessory for party games
- Amazon's Echo Plus packs in a smart hub
- Amazon's new Fire TV is a 4K-capable, Chromecast-style dongle
- Amazon launches Echo Spot, an Alexa-powered alarm clock
- Hands-on with Amazon's new Echo and Echo Plus
- Amazon Echo Spot hands-on
- Every new Echo announced today -- and a Fire TV
- Amazon's confusing new Echo lineup: There's a method to the madness
- Twitter experiments with doubling its character limit
- Twitter proved its priorities are screwed up with just 280 characters