AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Read Full Review
AMD has crafted a true RTX 3080 competitor that's $50 cheaper. The 6800 XT is incredibly fast, though its ray tracing performance can't quite reach NVIDIA's.
They're solid NVIDIA competitors -- except when it comes to ray tracing.
Devindra HardawarNovember 18, 2020
- Excellent gaming performance
- Solid cooling
- Cheaper than the RTX 3080
- Average ray tracing performance
- Fans can run loud
Radeon RX 6800 XT
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
Users - Not yet scored
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
- Critic Reviews (5)
- 76AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE5 ReviewsTom's Hardware80Nipping at Ampere's HeelsRX 6800 (Navi 21) is literally a bigger, enhanced version of last year's Navi 10 GPUs. It's up to twice the CUs, twice the memory, and is at least a big step closer to feature parity with Nvidia now. If you can find a Radeon RX 6800 or RX 6800 XT in stock any time before 2021, it's definitely worth considering. RX 6800 and Big Navi aren't priced particularly aggressively, but they do slot in nicely just above and below Nvidia's competing RTX 3070 and 3080.Ars Technica80The 1440p GPU beasts you’ve been cravingAMD isn't charging users a particular premium to enjoy a hefty pool of VRAM on top of everything else the RX 6000 series offers. It's not a ray-tracing champ by any stretch, and its 4K capabilities vary on a game-by-game basis, but I've seen a lot of people say they don't care about either of those PC gaming scenarios now or in the near future. AMD was clearly reading those comment sections when putting the RX 6000 series together, and the results on both of this week's new cards are good enough for competitive 4K gaming and overkill 1440p performance.PC Mag70In the early going, "Big Navi" is consistently inconsistentAMD's Radeon RX 6800 XT impresses in spots with record-breaking results in specific benchmarks, but inconsistent frame rates on several games, and driver-stability issues, keep it from toppling the best of Nvidia's GeForce RTX.TechRadar70AMD's swing at a top-end graphics cardThe AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT is AMD's first graphics card in years that actually challenges Nvidia at the high-end. However, the performance here doesn't knock Nvidia off its throne, especially in modern DX12 games.The Verge80AMD IS BACK IN THE GAMEIt might have taken more than 10 years, but AMD is finally back and competitive. And that’s great for every PC gamer.
More from AMD
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- In its SEC filing, NVIDIA said it could lose up to $400 million in potential sales for the third quarter.