The Surge solves some of Fitbit's problems with better food and sleep tracking, while adding GPS and heart rate monitoring to the mix. But its bulky, utilitarian design and high price will limit its appeal.Read Full Review
- GPS and heart rate monitoring are welcome additions
- Fitbit finally solved its sleep-tracking problem
- Food database is robust and easy to use
- Design is better suited for the gym than the office
- Slightly bulky body and strap
- Pricey for an activity tracker, even one with GPS
Surge is my favorite Fitbit to date. As an activity tracker, it can mostly do everything the Fitbit Charge HR can do, other than GPS. ... Unlike most other smart watches, Fitbit figured out how to offer an always-on display and still maintain a battery life of more than a few days.