With a durable, thinner-than-ever build, high-res display and a useful new keyboard feature, the X1 Carbon could have been a great Ultrabook. Unfortunately, the short battery life, cramped button layout and the removal of the SD card slot are all strikes against it.
- Thin and light for a 14-inch Ultrabook
- Bright, high-res screen
- Adaptive keyboard panel can be useful
- Worst-in-class battery life
- No SD slot
- Backspace key is shrunken and in a different place
- Expensive; touchscreen doesn't come standard