Nintendo New 2DS XL
The New Nintendo 2DS XL isn't the best portable gaming console in the 3DS family, but if you don't care about the handheld's namesake stereoscopic effect or mind having a slightly shorter battery life, it's a great way to play Nintendo's excellent library of portable games.
- Plays every 3DS game on the market
- More comfortable controls than previous model
- Easy access to external storage
- Shorter battery life than the New 3DS XL
- Uncomfortably short stylus
- Speakers are just okay
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsGizmodo90If You Actually Want to Play Games, Get the New NiIf you already own a New 3DS XL, but never use the 3D than this might be worth a look, and if you’re upgrading from the original 3DS or just dipping your toes into legit mobile gaming, then this is the console to buy.CNET80New Nintendo 2DS XL review: Nintendo's New 2DS XLIt doesn't bring anything new to the table, but the new 2DS XL delivers a fantastic Nintendo portable gaming experience at a great price.Pocket-Lint90Nintendo 2DS XL review: A fitting finale to over aIf you are one of the few who have resisted until now, this is the best DS console yet. The pinnacle of more than a decade of tweaking and tinkering by a company now at the top of its form.Kotaku90New Nintendo 2DS XL: The Kotaku ReviewIf you really truly don’t want to ever use the 3D feature anymore ... you may want to consider the 2DS XL as your main machine. It’s remarkably nice to play. I just wish adding new Nintendo hardware to the mix was an and proposition, not an or.GameSpot90New Nintendo 2DS XL ReviewIf you’re still on one of the older DS models or interested in jumping into the expansive library of 3DS games, I would highly recommend you consider the New 2DS XL. The platform may be showing its age, but it’s Nintendo’s best DS system yet.USgamer90Nintendo New 2DS XL Review: The 3DS Model You ShouIt may not be worth switching over if you already own a New 3DS, but the New 2DS XL is an attractive little system all the same, and I plan to make it my main 3DS from this point forward. Consider that a recommendation.IGN80NEW NINTENDO 2DS XL REVIEWThe New Nintendo 2DS XL feels great to play on and is an admirable choice, despite modest screen issues.T390New Nintendo 2DS XL review: gimmickless perfectionThe 2DS XL is what the 3DS line should have always been — there’s no gimmicks here, just a combination of great hardware and software.Alphr90New Nintendo 2DS XL review: Nintendoâ€™s newest haSure, it has its little niggles, and the black-and-turquoise and white-and-orange designs aren’t as catchy or cool as the New 3DS’s interchangeable faces, but this is yet another strong addition to Nintendo’s handheld lineup.Destructoid80Review: New Nintendo 2DS XLI’d say that many of its drawbacks are an acceptable trade-off if you’re upgrading from an older 2DS or 3DS, or if you’re picking up a console in its family for the very first time. If you've already got a New 3DS, however, you'll see little reason to upgrade.