Nintendo Switch OLED
The Nintendo Switch OLED is a lot of what we wish the original launch model could have been. The 7-inch screen is bigger, brighter and uses a lot less power, improving the system’s battery life significantly. While the same basic height and width, the unit features a lot of small design tweaks that add up to a much better handheld gaming experience. But other than the addition of a much-needed ethernet port there aren’t many changes to the docked Switch experience. Rumors of a new system on the way, along with the looming specter of the Steam Deck make this a hard sell for current Switch owners. But if you’re buying a Switch for the first time, this is the model to get.
- OLED screen is larger and brighter
- Improved battery life over previous models
- New stand makes it easier to play in tabletop mode
- Matte plastic coating feels good to hold
- Ethernet port
- Heavier than other Switch units
- Still no way to charge while playing in tabletop mode
- More expensive
Critics - Not yet scored
Users - Not yet scored
More from Nintendo
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- More N64 classics including '1080 Snowboarding,' 'Pokémon Stadium' and three Mario Party games are on the way too.