Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
Samsung’s latest true wireless earbuds have a unique “open type” design that will keep you from cramming them in your ears. While that does make them a bit more comfortable, you do have to sacrifice sound quality and the effectiveness of ANC. There are some attractive features here, but the company’s Galaxy Buds+ are the better option at this point.
- Always-on Bixby
- Customizable touch controls
- Wireless charging case
- iOS compatibility
- Subpar sound quality (especially at high volumes)
- ANC disappoints
- Battery life suffers with the most attractive features
- Fit takes some getting used to
Galaxy Buds Live
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 75AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsGizmodo80The Beans Got BeatsEven though Samsung’s newest earbuds aren’t a complete home run, they get a lot of the big stuff right, and if you’re someone who doesn’t mind letting some of the outside world in when you’re commuting or just walking around in the city, there’s a lot to like about these sweet little beans.PC Mag60Samsung Galaxy Buds Live ReviewSamsung's bean-shaped, wire-free Galaxy Buds Live earphones are high on innovation, but fall short on noise cancellation.Android Authority60Bold beans battle the AirPodsThese earbuds boast noise-cancelling without the ability to seal to the ear. Yet, the noise cancelling actually works to some degree. Listeners who want something that makes a statement may want to wear these buds: they fit better than the AirPods, and include wireless charging to boot. Most of us, though, are better off saving money and getting the Galaxy Buds Plus instead.Mashable90These 'beans' pack a punchSamsung's Galaxy Buds Live are more than acceptable as an AirPods Pro alternative thanks to their gorgeous sound and a sweet price, even though the noise cancellation isn't stellar.SoundGuys70Are these beans bold enough to take on tech's greatest Apple?The Samsung Galaxy Buds Live are a baffling product: the earbuds boast noise cancelling without the crucial ability to seal to the ear. Yet, the noise cancelling actually works to some degree. Listeners who like the idea of being aware of their surroundings, and want something that makes a statement will be drawn to these earphones. They fit better than the AirPods, and include wireless charging to boot. If you aren't compelled by the Galaxy Buds Live, consider the Galaxy Buds Plus instead.TechRadar80Samsung Galaxy Buds Live reviewThe Samsung Galaxy Buds Live are good – but not great – true wireless earbuds. They have a number of neat features and offer a combined 28-hour battery life, but their sound isn’t amazing, and the noise cancellation has a lot of room for improvement. They’re certainly unique, but those interested in high-end sound quality and excellent ANC over a conversation-starting design should look elsewhere.phoneArena90Samsung Galaxy Buds Live reviewТhe Galaxy Buds Live do sound impressive as compared to the competition, with rich and clear sound, a strong bass presence, and solid active noise cancelling. The unique design the earbuds are sporting also makes them extremely comfortable to use for long music listening or podcasting sessions, and their battery is long-lasting.CNN80Samsung’s Galaxy Buds Live are clear winnersSamsung’s Galaxy Buds Live aren’t the best true wireless earbuds on the market, but they are our favorites. As we spelled out quickly up top, the design impresses, the sound is vibrant and battery life is seriously strong. All of this for $20 more than the Galaxy Buds+ and $50 more than the original Galaxy Buds.What Hi-Fi60Samsung Galaxy Buds Live reviewSamsung’s ambitious wireless earbuds boast a neat design and tick a lot of boxes, but the sound quality and software need to be better.The Verge80Cool BeansTaken as a whole package, the Galaxy Buds Live exceeded what I came in expecting based on the leaks and the uncertainty I had about what the bean shape would mean for comfort and sound quality. Neither wound up being a concern after actually using them. If you’re okay living with a healthy dose of outside sound when listening to the Galaxy Buds Live, there’s a lot to like.