Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra feels a lot like a phone for the one percent -- and not just because it's expensive. It's because the things the Note 20 Ultra excels at, like note-taking tools and wireless desktop features won't really matter to most people. If you want a Samsung phone with a big screen and great performance, you could find a great deal on some like a Galaxy S20 Plus. If you just want something fast, buy a OnePlus 8 Pro. But Samsung is counting on the fact that some people out there still get viscerally excited by ungainly displays and high-performance everything and, yes, smarter ways to take notes. If that's you, the Note 20 Ultra fills that niche like nothing else can.
- Big fantastic screen
- Excellent battery life
- Top-of-the-range performance
- Writing with the S Pen feels more immediate
- Some new S Pen features are thoughtful
- It’s expensive even by flagship standards
- “Anywhere Actions” need some fine-tuning
- Wireless DeX can be hit-or-miss
- Cameras are solid but inconsistent
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 86AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET80A beautiful, expensive phone that came at the wrong timeSamsung's Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is possibly the right phone in the wrong situation. Unfortunate timing means it's too expensive for a steep global recession and its feature set doesn't match our new reality.Wired80This is the ultimate Android phone, but the price is steepThe Note 20 Ultra is expensive. Samsung even doesn't want you to pay $1,300 for it! A company spokesperson tells me customers aren't "taking full advantage" of Samsung's discounted offers if they're paying the full price. (For example, you can trade in a phone of good quality to save several hundreds of dollars on a new Note.) So take Samsung's advice and try not to pay the full price for it. But if you do, this is a phone that will easily last you four years, if not more (also, get it in bronze—it looks gorgeous).Tom's Guide90The ultimate Android phone for the ultimate priceThe Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is the most versatile big-screen phone yet, making it best for power users who are willing to pay a premium.TechCrunch90Excellent hardware headlined by a great camera at a truly premium priceThe Note 20 Ultra represents some of the finest mobile hardware you can purchase at this point in time. The camera, especially, deserves to be called out for its truly excellent capabilities. But, as ever, the finest is going to cost you. If you can stomach the idea of a $1,400 Android phone, they don’t come much better than the Galaxy Note Ultra.Android Authority80No longer setting the barThe Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is beast of a phone that meets the bar in many ways. While it offers top specs in nearly every category, the phone still feels like it is playing catch-up to competitors. While Samsung has clearly assembled a fine device that will serve many people well, it's not the best all-around winner we hoped it would be.The Guardian80Super-priced superphoneThe Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is very close to being the best superphone there is. The real question is whether anyone still wants a giant phone costing £1,179 when you have very good phones costing under £400.The Verge80BIG PHONE, SMALL UPDATESThe Note 20 Ultra is a very ostentatious, flashy phone. But this year, it didn’t get a flashy update. It got what amounts to a spec bump (and a camera bump to match). But that’s enough to make it perhaps the best flagship Android phone you can buy right now. Even for a phone as big as this, that is no small thing.phoneArena90Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ReviewThe Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is the new super-premium S Pen-wielding smartphone by Samsung. It’s an extra large phone with a huge camera bump, plus it’s heavier than before and it barely fits in a pocket. If you like a big phone, though, this one is among the best: it has a luxurious feel, and it features a new toughened glass that can theoretically survive a head-high drop.CNN100Here's why the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is the best Android device of 2020The Note 20 Ultra is the best Android phone of 2020 so far, which is expected, and we don’t call it that lightly.At $1,299.99, it’s in line with most other flagships, and leasing it makes it much more affordable. Samsung’s also running a number of incentives. But at the end of the day, you really can’t go wrong with the Note 20 Ultra.TechRadar90The Ultra done rightThe Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra checks off a lot of bests for new phones in 2020, including the best camera on an Android phone and the best-looking display on any phone, period. This is the only stylus-included handset we recommend, and while the competition is thin, it’s not undeserved – you’re just going to have to pay a heap of money for this powerful ‘everything phone’.
- 90AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsNick90August 19, 2020Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Brilliant screen, Bronze more like rose Gold, Stronger glass, Smooth streaming UI, premium look and feel. Camera allows picture taking during video. Preorder from Samsung allowed 300.00 trade in of Note 8, FREE matching wireless earbuds, 50.00 accessory credit and free shipping which brought Ultra to 1000.00
More from Samsung
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Millions of phones with Mali GPUs are at risk from exploits months after ARM issued a fix, Project Zero suggests.
- The initiative enables health and fitness apps to share data with each other more easily.