Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung has a lot riding on its 2015 flagship, and this time it's put its best foot forward.With its super-fast, homebrew processor, a pair of great cameras and a surprisingly clean version of TouchWiz, theS6 is the finest GalaxySamsung has ever made. Now, if only it were waterproof.
- Sturdy, stylish design
- Impeccable camera experience
- Great day-to-day performance
- TouchWiz is finallyworth using
- Battery life could be better
- Fingerprint sensor can be flaky
- It's not waterproof
- No microSD or removable battery
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (12)
- 88AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsEngadget90Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge review: Samsung's best phones in yearsSamsung has a lot riding on its 2015 flagship, and this time it's put its best foot forward. With its super-fast, homebrew processor, a pair of great cameras and a surprisingly clean version of TouchWiz, the S6 is the finest Galaxy Samsung has ever made. Now, if only it were waterproof.Computerworld80Galaxy S6 deep-dive review: Samsung's shining starFor the first time, I can recommend Samsung's flagship phone without all the usual asterisks that accompany such a statement. Samsung is finally growing up, and the resulting effort is going to make a lot of people happy.Wired80Review: Samsung Galaxy S6Samsung just went out and made a flat-out phenomenal phone. That’ll sell itself.Gizmodo90Samsung Galaxy S6 Review: Not The Next Big Thing,The Galaxy S6 is fantastic. With great performance, premium design (finally!), and a camera that just screams, it’s one of the best Android phones out there. It’s a solid buy for anyone looking for a premium, solid, not-ginormous Android device.The Wall Street Journal90Samsung Galaxy S6 Review: The iPhone 6 Has Met ItsI’m finally recommending you check out a Samsung before you look at HTC or Motorola. These are the best phones Samsung has ever made and the best Android phones you can buy.CNET90Samsung Galaxy S6 review: The first great smartphoWorldly looks and top-notch specs make the impressive, metal Samsung Galaxy S6 the Android phone to beat for 2015.The Verge90Samsung Galaxy S6 reviewThe first time I’ve felt like Samsung might finally be grappling with the idea of what a smartphone ought to be ... the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge don’t fully tick off every single box ... they’ve done something better: become phones that are more than the collection of their parts.Business Insider80The Samsung Galaxy S6 is the best Android phone, bThe Galaxy S6 has matched or beaten the iPhone in nearly every category. It’s faster. It has a better camera. The screen is the best ever put on a phone. But until Samsung comes up with something killer on the software side of the equation, I can't recommend the Galaxy S6 over the iPhone.Stuff100Samsung Galaxy S6 reviewSamsung has proven its critics wrong - the Galaxy S6 is the new benchmark for flagship phones.USA Today90Review: Samsung rises to challenge with Galaxy S6Samsung nailed it with the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. These are Samsung's finest and best-looking smartphones to date and if Android is your mobile cup of tea, they are the handsets to beat.
- 71AVERAGE USER SCORE12 ReviewsEngadget Reader10November 15, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!An awful product that should be avoided. You'll be sorry. - EngadgetEngadget Reader30September 29, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I don't recommand this product, bought this 20 days back now the device is over heating and getting grains on display.Engadget Reader80September 20, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!This phone is great, except for the battery life and speakers. The battery, while better than the IP6, is poor. Also this phone's speaker placement is awful, front facing speakers would be a lot better. I don't care if this phone is made of gorilla glass, but I'm using a case on it; it does not feel durable and picks up fingerprints easily. Camera is great, touchwiz sucks (although WAY better than ios and Android is still the king of mobile OS. I can live with it after customizing it).Overall a great phone, one of best of 2015Engadget Reader90July 24, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader10July 11, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!DEFECTIVE PHONES and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE2 weeks ago I had to send my wife's 15 day old S6 to Samung's Plano, Texas, repair facility (June 27th). We still haven't received it back and here's what they had to do to it (below my continued rant... they list it in reverse order). You will see that they replace the motherboard (PBA) and the LCD. It failed QC TWICE!!! before finally passing and shipping. Today, my son's Galaxy S6 (also 15 days old) bricked. It won't even turn on. It is totally stock and in perfect condition. I am now sending it back to be "repaired". This is a manufacturer's defect issue on a brand new device.This angers me because Samsung took what was a new (15 day old device) and is sending us back a repaired phone. If I wanted buy a rebuilt phone, I would have. If a phone is this new and fails Samsung should replace it. No questions asked!Further, Samsung has NO SENSE OF URGENCY. The shipping is 2-day UPS. I had to send my daughter's iphone 6 back to replace screen and Apple shipped it overnight each way at no extra cost, plus the repair took 1 day. Here is the tracking info from my wife's S6. You will see that they finish it on the 9th but it doesn't even get a origin scan until the next evening (the 10th). Apparently, we will get the device back on July 14th, 16 days after the complaint.DFW Airport, TX, United States 07/11/2015 1:30 A.M. Arrival ScanMesquite, TX, United States 07/11/2015 12:48 A.M. Departure ScanMesquite, TX, United States 07/10/2015 8:52 P.M. Origin ScanUnited States 07/09/2015 10:22 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPSI have had Samsung devices for decades now; TVs, phones, tablets. I will not buy anymore.Repair Status Log:*07/09/2015//22:23:41//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 9:22 PM-Jose Esquivel: The unit is shipped.*07/09/2015//22:23:39//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 9:21 PM-Jose Esquivel: No hold amount*07/09/2015//21:23:46//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 8:22 PM-Urbana Bonita: QC Pass.*07/09/2015//19:36:11//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 6:34 PM-Fabiola Delgado: The unit has left the technician. SOLUTION: Replaced LCD - Replaced Cosmetic - Replaced Component- Replaced PBA*07/09/2015//19:35:11//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 6:34 PM-Fabiola Delgado: The Unit did not pass Quality Assurance Check.*07/09/2015//17:40:01//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/9/2015 4:39 PM-Urbana Bonita: QC Pass.*07/07/2015//16:41:54//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/7/2015 3:40 PM-Troylynn Davis: The unit has left the technician. SOLUTION: Replaced LCD - Replaced Cosmetic - Replaced Component -Replaced PBA*07/02/2015//18:17:30//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/2/2015 5:16 PM-Valerie Burke: The unit is repair-pending.*07/02/2015//09:09:31//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/2/2015 8:08 AM-Blanca Hernandez: Accessory: sIM cARD,SIM CARD TRAY*07/02/2015//09:09:31//0001773863//Telephone//ASC*7/2/2015 8:08 AM-Blanca Hernandez: The unit has been received. Pack Condition: Fair Packaging (Box & Cushion)Engadget Reader60May 18, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A forgettable product. It isn't bad, exactly, but also doesn't do anything particularly well. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90May 5, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Great phone. I chose this over the Note 4 as the replacement for my S4. Aside from a so-so battery life, I love everything about this phone. It charges very quickly and the wireless charging works perfectly even though my Otterbox. NO REGRETS. Super fast phone.Engadget Reader100May 1, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!I'm actually on my second S6. The home button on the first one only worked some of the time, so I requested a replacement from Verizon. Thankfully, the home button has been much more reliable on the second one, and I haven't noticed any other defects.Except for battery life, the S6 really hits the mark for me. I don't mind that the battery can't be removed, though I would have made the phone slightly thicker and given it a larger battery. I also don't mind that I can't expand the memory. I got the 64Gb model, and I like having everything stored on one very fast drive. I didn't like having to spend $100 to upgrade from the 32Gb model, though (I think $60 would have been more reasonable). Given that this phone just hit the market, I'm not surprised to have encountered a few glitches. They've pretty much been minor annoyances, though, and I'm hopeful most or all will be fixed in future software updates.Overall, the Galaxy S6 is a great effort from Samsung. If you can live with the battery being both small and non-removable and are willing to (over)pay for enough internal memory up front, there's really nothing to complain about and lots to love.Engadget Reader100April 29, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetEngadget Reader100April 26, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - Engadgetkstagg90April 22, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetEngadget Reader90April 7, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - Engadget
More from Samsung
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Millions of phones with Mali GPUs are at risk from exploits months after ARM issued a fix, Project Zero suggests.
- The initiative enables health and fitness apps to share data with each other more easily.