The rumored iPad mini didn't rear its mythical seven-inch screen today at Yerba Buena, but no matter, as the iPhone 5 brought a potent smack of
thunder Lightning. A few mere hours ago, the oft-leaked smartphone was officially been revealed by Apple, along with the next-generation iPod Nano, a redesigned iPod Touch packed with a Retina display and iOS 6 in its final form -- and those were just the main announcements. Of course, scrolling through Engadget's homepage might not be ideal if you're looking to sift through the day's news from Cupertino's favorite tech company in one fell swoop -- and that's why we've rounded it all up here, in one convenient spot. You can re-live the event at our archived liveblog here, otherwise you'll find a full listing of the news from it after the jump.
- iPhone 5 officially announced with 4-inch display, A6 CPU and LTE for $199 on September 21st
- Apple announces worldwide carriers for iPhone 5: Sprint, AT&T and Verizon will support LTE in the US
- Apple details iPhone 5's new camera: 8MP, 'same as iPhone 4S but thinner'
- Apple: A6 chip in iPhone 5 has 2x CPU power, 2x graphics performance, yet consumes less energy
- Apple details new iPhone 5 dock connector: It's called Lightning and it's 80 percent smaller
- iPhone 5 vs. iPhone 4S: what's changed?
- Apple discounts iPhone 4S to $99 in the wake of the
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4 is now free on contract
- iPhone 5 hands-on!
- iPhone 5 confirmed to use nano-SIM, current SIMs not compatible
- Apple outs refreshed iPod nano: 2.5-inch screen with multitouch, Bluetooth, 38 percent thinner
- Apple announces fifth-generation iPod touch: 4-inch screen, 6.1mm thick, Siri included
- iPod shuffle updated with much needed new hues 5th-generation
- iPod touch hands-on!
- 7th-generation iPod nano hands-on!
Apps and iOS
- 7 million upgrades to Mountain Lion sold so far, the fastest-selling version of OS X yet
- Apple: 700k apps available in App Store, 250k for iPad, 100 apps per user
- iOS 6 gets official debut on the iPhone 5: Maps, Passbook, iCloud Tabs and more
- iOS 6 coming to iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, new iPad, iPad 2 and iPod Touch on September 19th
- Apple announces redesigned iTunes for Mac, Windows and iOS devices
- Apple counts 400 million iOS devices sold as of June
- Apple's signature earbuds rebranded for iPhone 5 as 'EarPods'
- Apple EarPods hands-on
- Apple's Phil Schiller explains new 'Lightning' port, doesn't think much of NFC and wireless charging
- iOS 6 GM seed now available for developers
- Apple's iPhone 5 keynote event now live for online viewing
Also on Engadget
- Editorial: Engadget on Apple's iPhone 5 event
- Just one hour to go until Apple's launch event, here's the scene in San Francisco
- Engadget's iPhone 5 pre-event broadcast: live from San Francisco!
- Apple's iPhone 5 event wrap-up live broadcast!