Apple HomePod Mini
The HomePod mini improves on the original HomePod in a lot of ways. Audio quality is very good for a $100 speaker, and Siri is a lot more capable than it was back in 2018. If you’re in Apple’s ecosystem and want a speaker that’s both tiny and sounds good, the HomePod mini is a solid option.
- Solid audio quality
- Very compact size
- Two speakers sound even better as a stereo pair
- Reasonable price
- Siri has gotten a lot smarter over the years
- Siri and Homekit aren’t as well-supported as Alexa and Google Assistant
- Amazon’s Echo sounds better for the same price
- Flat sphere design looks a little weird
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (5)
- 86AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE5 ReviewsCNET80This $99 Siri smart speaker will sell like hotcakesAt $99, the HomePod Mini is Apple's most affordable smart home speaker. It's worth a look, especially if you're already invested in Apple's ecosystem.The Guardian80Apple’s smaller and cheaper smart speakerSmall, spherical speaker packs a sonic punch for its size but is only for those all-in on Apple’s ecosystem.CNN90The $99 HomePod Mini is the smart speaker for Apple users looking for valueApple crafted an ideal smart speaker for its customers at under $100.What Hi-Fi100Apple’s new Siri-powered smart speaker is small but mightyIt’s much smaller and more affordable than expected, but the most surprising thing about the HomePod Mini is its superb sound.The Verge80An acceptable Echo alternativeApple has shown that it’s willing to improve things and listen to feedback when it comes to smart speakers, so I’ll be interested to see how it continues to develop. Hopefully, now that the HomePod mini is here, it starts to move a little faster.
More from Apple
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.