Sonos has finally given us an upgrade to the Playbar, and it’s impressive. The Arc has an improved design, modern features and stellar sound. Like the Beam, it only has one HDMI port, which will be an issue for some. However, if you have a TV that supports eARC passthrough, you’ll be able to enjoy the Dolby Atmos audio here. Plus, Arc automatically adjusts if you choose to expand your system.
- Stellar sound for music and TV
- Dolby Atmos
- Automatically adjusts to content and additional speakers
- A single HDMI input
- Expansion gets pricey quickly
- Sound favors treble at high volumes
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 86AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag80Sonos Arc ReviewThe impressive Sonos Arc takes the best parts of the company's other soundbars and combines them into one Dolby Atmos-compatible package.Tom's Guide80The ultimate Dolby Atmos soundbar is hereThe Sonos Arc ($799) is premium in every sense — with its precise tuning software and Dolby Atmos support, it’s the best soundbar for Sonos fans that can afford it.CNET80The all-in-one Atmos soundbar to beatSure, you can buy soundbars that offer separate subs and a glut of features but none ooze the sophistication or the sonic clarity of the Sonos Arc. If your shoplist includes a single "smart" sound bar that does Dolby Atmos, then the Sonos Arc is the model to beat.TechHive80Sonos Arc reviewThe Sonos Arc is a great soundbar, but it would be even better if it had two HDMI ports to get around the limitations of TVs that lack eARC support.Pocket-Lint100Dolby Atmos soundbar delivers big soundSonos has not only followed up its previous full-fledged soundbar offering, it has improved it in every way possible. Not only is the Arc a superb Dolby Atmos soundbar – right up there with the best – it has all the bells and whistles of Sonos' multi-room system and more.Android Central90Sonos Arc review: New heightsThe Sonos Arc is a versatile and low-profile soundbar that brings high-quality sound and Dolby Atmos down to an accessible price point. It sounds a lot better than the Beam, and it's a worthy successor to the Playbar while competing well with most other soundbars in its price range.What Hi-Fi100Sonos's first Dolby Atmos soundbar is an absolute belterSimple to set up, lovely to live with and supremely capable, the Sonos Arc is a soundbar of rare quality.The Verge80Sonos Arc ReviewIt’s the Atmos soundbar to beat if you’re invested in the Sonos ecosystem. And even for those who aren’t yet, the Arc is still easy to recommend as a starting point.TrustedReviews90Sonos Arc ReviewDespite a few issues with the sound, the Arc has plenty to recommend with its large soundstage and well-defined sound. If you're already in the Sonos system, there's little reason to look for any other Dolby Atmos alternatives.Digital Trends80Solid soundbar for Dolby Atmos eraWith Dolby Atmos and voice A.I., the Sonos Arc is the Swiss Army knife of soundbars.