- The EU's Digital Market Act prohibits Apple and other tech giants from favoring their own systems.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Irish Data Protection Commission investigated the social network for its handling of children's data.
- Among other recent penalties, the EU fined Meta €1.2 billion in May for moving EU citizens’ data to US-based servers.
- The Trans-Atlantic Data Privacy Framework gives Europeans a way to file a complaint about what US firms do with their data.
- Generative AI is advancing so rapidly, world leaders are establishing a voluntary pact while working on enforceable regulations.
- The company says it will implement new "security gateways" to control employee access to user data.