OnePlus’ return to mid-range smartphones presents some strong competition to both older flagships and the current crop of budget devices. It has a big 6.4-inch screen that can run at 90Hz for a smoother software experience. OnePlus has also packed in enough camera tech to ensure the Nord takes decent photos, with all the flexibility of a four-sensor setup. With 5G and a just-about-good-enough processor, the price is right, even if this phone is unlikely to make it to the US.
- Big 90Hz screen
- A mid-range smartphone with 5G
- Capable cameras
- Tempting price
- Middleweight Snapdragon processor sometimes chokes on heavier tasks
- Cheap screen protector pre-installed
- Phones this big aren’t for everyone
- Not coming to the US
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 88AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET80This 5G phone has it allWith 5G, a solid lineup of specs and a beautiful, vibrant design, the OnePlus Nord offers a hell of a lot for a reasonable price.Tom's Guide90OnePlus Nord reviewThe OnePlus Nord should be your new default choice for a midrange Android phone. It's already a bargain for the tech it offers, but combined with OnePlus' hardware and software design sensibilities, the Nord manages to feel special despite its low price.Android Authority80Get it for OxygenOS, value for moneyThe OnePlus Nord is a good mid-range smartphone with great software and a striking new colorway. OnePlus did a respectable job delivering a solid experience that equals, but doesn't always surpass, the competition.Pocket-Lint90Who needs a pricey flagship anyway?What OnePlus has quite expertly done is make a phone that doesn't leave you pining for a greater experience - and you might even be grateful you saved the price difference by opting not to go for an 8 series. Because who really needs a pricey flagship anyway?TechRadar90OnePlus Nord reviewOnePlus has made an emphatic return to the mid-range market with the OnePlus Nord – it's an affordable smartphone that's packed with features. There's a great screen, plenty of power, and a set of capable cameras, all wrapped up in a package that belies its affordable price.phoneArena902020 "Nexus"Unless you are after the very best camera and unless you care deeply about a longer zoom range, you should absolutely consider the OnePlus Nord. It does 90% of what a flagship does, but at a fraction of the price.Android Central90Setting a new standard for mid-range phonesThe OnePlus Nord ticks all the right boxes: you get a 90Hz AMOLED display, robust hardware, 48MP camera at the back and dual cameras up front, clean software with the promise of timely updates, and 30W fast charging. OnePlus did a fantastic job distilling the essence of its flagships into the Nord, and the result is one of the best mid-range phones in 2020.T3100The ultimate mid-rangerWhile the OnePlus Nord isn't a perfect phone, it scores very highly in all the key areas – camera, performance, battery life, design, screen, software experience – and it's just about our favourite phone right now if you want to maximise the bang you get for your buck.The Verge80THE RIGHT COMPROMISESThe Nord is a really solid midrange phone, but it’s not perfect. It’s well-specced, with a wide array of cameras and a big high refresh rate display. But in reality, it doesn’t get the most out of all this hardware. Its processor can’t get the most out of its screen all of the time, and camera performance only ends up being okay rather than excellent. None of these are dealbreakers at this price, though, and I wouldn’t say the Nord outright underperforms in any one area.Neowin90The 2020 flagship killerThe OnePlus Nord is a very, very good smartphone for the price that it commands -- starting at Rs 24,999 in India or €399 in the EU. If camera performance is not the utmost priority for you, you really cannot go wrong with the Nord. In a world of $1,000+ flagships with massive displays, the Nord feels refreshing to use. It has the perfect size, a great ergonomic design, great battery life, excellent performance, and a decent pair of cameras -- everything that you are going to need from a smartphone on a regular basis. And you get all this without having to burn a hole in your pocket.
More from OnePlus
- Our favorite devices from Apple, Google, Bose, Samsung, Jabra and others are all on sale.
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?