After updating my Mac to OS X Mavericks, my remote connection stopped working, and OS X would give be a useless "unable to connect to server" error each time I tried to mount the remote drive.
Sadly, it looks like Apple somehow broke their secure WebDAV implementation in OS X Mavericks. Fortunately for us though, there's a rather easy solution to this issue that I discovered while browsing the Apple support forums.
Steps to fix
- Go to www.opensource.apple.com/source/webdavfs/webdavfs-...
- Download the 3 files on that page.
- Open up the following folder on your Mac: /System/Library/Filesystems/webdav.fs/Support /webdav_cert_ui.app /Contents /Resources/English.lproj/
- Create a folder inside /English.lproj/ named MainMenu.nib
- Move the 3 files you downloaded earlier into this new folder: /System/Library/Filesystems/webdav.fs/Support /webdav_cert_ui.app /Contents /Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib/
- Restart Finder
via Apple Support forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5476839