Apple iPhone 8 Plus
The iPhone 8 Plus shares a powerful foundation with the iPhone 8, but a few features give it a distinct advantage over its little brother. Its 12-megapixel dual camera is one of the best we've used, and its bigger battery means it'll stick around longer on a charge than the iPhone 8. While it's easily the best big phone Apple has ever made, its slightly longer, slightly heavier body make it feel a little unwieldy compared to some of its biggest rivals.
- Impeccable performance
- Great build quality
- Dual camera works well
- Solid battery life
- Early AR apps are impressive
- Design may be too familiar to some
- The camera humps are back
- Portrait Lighting modes need work
- Can be uncomfortable to hold
- Not as water resistant as its competitors
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (3)
- 84AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsMacworld90iPhone 8 and 8 Plus review: Donâ€™t overlook thisSome iPhone die-hards may be bored with the iPhone 8. It’s a big improvement, but not quite innovative enough to be exciting.The Wall Street Journal80iPhone 8 Review: Not the Upgrade Youâ€™re LookingYou don’t have to spend $1,000 to get an improved camera and processor and even wireless charging ... But Apple’s confusing iPhone family now includes three pairs of practically identical phones: the regular and Plus versions of the iPhone 8, 7 and 6s. Don’t buy the spendiest one.TechCrunch90Review: iPhone 8This year, Apple has done something really incredible with the Portrait Lighting mode, which is why if you’re in the market for a new iPhone, I recommend the 8 Plus.Wired80Review: Apple iPhone 8 and 8 PlusIf you want an awesome iPhone, this is it. I’d recommend the 8 Plus, if you can stomach the size, because the added camera power and battery life are really nice to have. But both are fantastic phones, upgrades over even last year’s model.CNET90Apple iPhone 8 Plus review: The best iPhone you cThe iPhone 8 Plus is a superlative phone with a spectacular camera, but wait for the upcoming iPhone X before buying: it promises to fold all of the key features of the 8 Plus into a smaller, sexier package.TechRadar90iPhone 8 Plus reviewA solid iPhone, but a clear evolution from previous Plus models. Compared to the iPhone X it's unexciting, but it offers the far better experience over the iPhone 8.The Telegraph80iPhone 8 and 8 Plus review: A worthy upgrade - butFor most Apple users, the real decision is which iPhone to buy, and if you aren't interested in shelling out for the X, the 8 is your new best option. Should you rush out and buy it? Probably not. If you need a new iPhone, is it a worthy upgrade? Certainly.CNN80Review: iPhone 8 cuts the cord and prepares for thAfter a week of testing, it's clear the 4.7-inch iPhone 8 and 5.5-inch iPhone 8 Plus offer solid if moderate improvements, including better cameras, a faster processor and inductive charging. They easily could have been called the iPhone 7s and 7s Plus, but that wouldn't have been as dramatic.The Verge80IPHONE 8 AND 8 PLUS REVIEW: THE DEFAULT OPTIONIt’s the phone to get if you’re on an upgrade plan ... or you just need a new phone right now. It’s Apple’s new default phone, and it’s pretty great that a default phone is actually this good. But it’s not the future, and it’s not the cutting edge. It’s just the default.USA Today80iPhone 8 review: An excellent phone forced to theFor many potential buyers, especially those with an older iPhone looking to upgrade, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus represents a solid purchase option. But I'm holding out for the next "latest" iPhone, the looming iPhone X.
- 83AVERAGE USER SCORE3 ReviewsSequoyah90February 28, 2020Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - Engadgetali90May 18, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetNicole70May 1, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!sd