Google Chromecast Audio
If you have a good set of speakers and want to stream music to them, the Chromecast Audio is a simple and inexpensive way to make them work with almost all of the the top music services. The combinationof a great price point, wide compatibility and dead-simple setup makes it easyto recommend.
- Low cost
- Simple setup
- Works with most major streaming-music services
- Tiny and unobtrusive hardware design
- Audio quality may not be up to par for discerninglisteners
- No Apple Music or Tidal support
- Limited functionality compared to Google's other Chromecast
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET80Chromecast Audio review: Affordable, simple wireleThe ultra-affordable Google Chromecast Audio is one of the best music-streaming devices you can buy -- especially if you're an Android user.Engadget90Chromecast Audio review: Give your old speakers a new brainIf you have a good set of speakers and want to stream music to them, the Chromecast Audio is a simple and inexpensive way to make them work with almost all of the the top music services. The combination of a great price point, wide compatibility and dead-simple setup makes it easy to recommend.PC Mag80Google Chromecast AudioWith the simple, focused mission of making any speaker wireless, Google Chromecast Audio succeeds admirably and affordably.Pocket-Lint100Chromecast Audio review: Simply connect your discoChromecast thrives on its simplicity and Chromecast Audio is a very welcome addition. It's the perfect device to breathe connectivity into your existing disconnected speakers, bringing the convenience of modern streaming services with smartphone controls, without any unnecessary complications.Android Authority90CHROMECAST 2015 AND CHROMECAST AUDIO REVIEWChromecast Audio is a wonderful idea that requires specific use cases. But at $35, new users still have one of the easiest ways of making their speakers smarter.VentureBeat80Review: Chromecast Audio is a great palm-sized strConsidering the convenience it provides, both in physical shape and audio delivery, it’s definitely a better option for parties than busting out a bulky laptop to sit clumsily by the speakers or tethering my personal phone to the sound system the entire night.Fortune80Google's new Chromecast lineup: a hit and a missIf you’re looking for an inexpensive way to repurpose old speakers you have lying around, give Chromecast Audio a serious look.TechRadar90Chromecast Audio reviewSetting up with your weapon of choice, be it a smartphone, tablet, or computer, is as easy as it should be. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better, more user-friendly or more affordable wireless music streaming device out there.TrustedReviews90Chromecast Audio reviewThe Chromecast Audio does what it promises in a really simple way, but it's the future software updates that could make this a truly affordable way to create a multiroom speaker system.Android Police90Chromecast Audio Review: You Can Just Throw Away AThe Chromecast Audio has its own benefits, and it costs a hell of a lot less than something like Sonos. At $35, it’s easily the best value for a tool in its class, and it works with Android, iOS, Chrome OS, and even Windows and OS X via tab casting in Chrome.
- 100AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsEngadget Reader100October 5, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Received a Chromecast Audio device today and resurrected an old Cambridge Soundworks desktop radio (similar to a Bose radio) I have had since the days CDs were all the rage. The speakers in the Cambridge radio are excellent and the Chromecast Audio connected to the Aux jack sounds great!You can also use an optical audio out cable to connect to higher end audio components. Sound from the optical audio out and standard Aux cable are very good and should satisfy all but serious audiophiles.Definitely worth it if you have an older boombox/radio/stereo system with good speakers and want to add the ability to stream music to them.
More from Google
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- The tech giant says the technique 'has meaningfully improved the quality and helpfulness' of its featured snippets.