Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
Apart from a bigger screen and better battery life, the iPhone 11 Pro is functionally identical to the smaller model. That’s not a bad thing, though: It offers a trio of solid cameras and top-of-the-line performance (though you might not notice the difference much if you’re coming from a recent iPhone). iOS 13 packs plenty of handy new features too, though it doesn’t do anything new to take advantage of the Pro Max’s big, 6.5-inch screen. All told, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is well worth the upgrade if you need a big phone, but be sure to try out the fast, cheap iPhone 11 before you pull the trigger.
- Big and beautiful screen
- Improved battery life
- iOS 13 offers helpful new tools
- Flexible triple camera system
- Great performance for new users and upgraders
- Still very expensive
- iOS 13 doesn’t do anything new with this big screen
- Ultra-wide camera sometimes lacks detail
- Some design changes are divisive
iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsTom's Guide90Killer triple cameras, excellent battery life and a super-bright display make this the phone to beatThe iPhone 11 Pro Max is the closest Apple has come to the perfect smartphone. The cameras truly are a leap forward and put the company ahead of both Samsung and Google — at least for now. And the bright OLED display nearly puts the Galaxy Note 10 Plus' screen to shame.Wired80Review: Apple iPhone 11 ProThe extended battery life on the iPhone 11 Pro Max is still not enough to convince me to buy a chonky phone.Android Authority90I spent the week with the iPhone 11 Pro MaxLooking past my own OS preferences, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is an exceptional phone. The camera is probably the best out there, at least for now. It feels hefty and durable, something I like from a phone. I don't love the notch or the design of the camera, but I don't necessarily love the design of my Pixel 3 XL either.Cult of Mac90The best gets even betterPlunking down more than $1,200 for a new phone always hurts. And yeah, the cheaper iPhone 11, which offers many of the same features, is a better deal for $300 less. But the better screen and the better cameras of the Pro Max make the premium well worth it.Pocket-Lint80iPhone gets maxed outThe Max pushes everything up a notch, with the great display and new camera being the highlights, while the lack of 5G is a future consideration. But this is an expensive device and it's hard to ignore that you can get much the same from the iPhone 11.Mashable90iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max: The ultimate cameraIt's not enough to have great hardware and dank software (or vice versa) — you need both to be best and the iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max prove Apple still has the magic touch.TechRadar80Bigger, better - but does it offer enough?The iPhone 11 Pro Max is the best that Apple can cram into a smartphone - the high-end screen, powerful speakers, upgraded processor all support the huge upgrades to the camera. However, this phone is really for the Apple fan or someone that really needs that extra lens or a touch more battery life - the iPhone 11 feels like it offers better value.The Verge90The Battery Life is RealThese are some of the most well-balanced, most capable phones Apple — or anyone — has ever made. They have excellent battery life, processors that should keep them relevant for years to come, absolutely beautiful displays, and a new camera system that generally outperforms every other phone, which should get even better with a promised software update later this fall.Digital Trends90Turning everything up to maxFor big-screen lovers, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is the way to go. It offers excellent battery life, performance, and a class-leading camera system.NDTV Gadgets90What's in a name?Whether the iPhone 11 Pro Max is worthy of the 'Pro' moniker or not is a debate that can continue, but there's no doubting its credentials as a top-notch, excuse the pun, phone. The somewhat conservative design aside, we struggled to find any real shortcomings with the iPhone 11 Pro Max — the display is excellent; the performance and battery life are as good as you can get; and the cameras, now with Night Mode, can give any other smartphone a run for its money.
- 70AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsBong70October 11, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - Engadget
More from Apple
- Under the policy, you won't have to opt in if the price increase doesn't go over a certain threshold.