Apple iPhone X
The iPhone X is the most radical change to the iPhone formula ever, and despite some concerns, Apple has built a seriously impressive machine. We love its build quality and comfortable design, not to mention its expansive screen and great performance. The makeover here is drastic, though, and it'll take some time to really get used to Face ID and life without a home button. Stick with it and you'll find that the iPhone X is a surprisingly easy device to live with. Of course, since this is a first-gen device, it has its flaws. Not everyone will love the notch, the interface could use a little more polish, and a bigger battery would've been nice. Suffice to say, the iPhone definitely isn't right for everyone right now -- still, it provides a strong foundation for the iPhones of tomorrow to build on.
- Impeccable build quality
- Face ID generally works well
- Great performance
- Good main cameras get even better
- The lack of a home button takes some getting used to
- Not all apps use the whole screen
- Portrait selfies are hit-or-miss
- Battery life could be better
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (6)
- 91AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsPC Mag80Apple iPhone XThe iPhone X sets the stage for Apple's next decade, with a sharp new design and a future focus on augmented reality.CNET90Apple iPhone X review: iPhone X: The best iPhoneiPhone X is an overdue and winning evolution of the iPhone, but you’ll need to leave your comfort zone to make a jump into the face-recognizing future.TechCrunch90Review: iPhone XThere are some rough edges here and there. ... But overall Apple bet enormously big on a bunch of technologies all at once on the iPhone X and it delivered almost across the board. It really is like using the future of smartphones, today.Mashable90The iPhone, rebornYes, the iPhone X is expensive and it removes a beloved feature, but it innovates in key ways. It's still the iPhone you want.phoneArena90Apple iPhone X ReviewIt feels like a prototype for Apple's next-year phone. Aside from $1000 bucks, there's nothing else stopping you from getting a taste of that future, today, but you'll have to put up with the compromises that come with this privilege.TechRadar90iPhone X reviewLosing the home button and altering the design was a dangerous move, but one that was sorely needed after years of similarity and the premium design, extra power, all-screen front mix together to create - by far - the best iPhone Apple's ever made.CNBC90CNBC reviews the $1,150 new iPhone X â€” the bestThe iPhone X is the best iPhone Apple has ever made — as it should be. It's not for everyone, just the folks who really want the latest and greatest and who spend enough time on their phones where $1,000 is worth the price.Stuff100Apple iPhone X reviewIf you want the best iPhone, you’re going to have to find the cash - the X has set the bar, and the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus just can’t jump high enough.Digital Trends100Apple iPhone X reviewIf you’re an Apple fan, this is the phone to buy. We can’t peel our eyes away from the gorgeous OLED screen, and using gestures to move around iOS is pure bliss.Photography Blog90Apple iPhone X ReviewOverall, the iPhone X is without doubt one of the best camera phones on the market - and that has ever been - but it has a price tag to match. The device has already sold out, so there’s clearly plenty of people willing to pay it.
- 90AVERAGE USER SCORE6 ReviewsYouDontNeedToKnowMyName100February 25, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetAl90December 6, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - EngadgetAaron90October 25, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Apple's new design is a hit. A fantastic camera, a beautiful screen, and one of the best designs in the market. Durability leaves a lot to be wanted for, especially when you consider cost to repair. The ecosystem and accessories are hit an miss - apple has one of the best eco systems - if you're apart of it. Welcome to the dongle life! The notch is a love/hate relationship. All in all, the future of Apple is bright in this product.Engadget Reader100April 10, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetAdityan60January 23, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A forgettable product. It isn't bad, exactly, but also doesn't do anything particularly well. - EngadgetEngadget Reader100November 30, 2017Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Best phone I've ever used. Great battery life, amazing camera, beautiful display, and extremely user-friendly. There is no issue about its lack of home button. It took me five minutes to get used to it. Be careful as screen scratches easily.
Watch Samsung detail its Micro LED TVs
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2: A better balance of premium and practical
More from Apple
- The company's new ad policies reflect a changing industry -- and a potential move to sidestep government regulation.