Apple Watch Series 6
The Apple Watch Series 6 isn’t much different from the Series 5, and the changes that matter most aren’t necessarily the ones you can see. That said, we’ll never complain when an already great smartwatch gets practical improvements like faster performance, longer battery life and quicker charging. The sleep tracking feature could use work, but that’s something Apple could potentially address through a software update.
- Speedier performance
- Faster charging
- Slightly improved battery life
- Timely handwashing feature
- Sleep tracking in watchOS 7 isn’t super useful
Watch Series 6
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired80Checking your blood oxygen is a very reasonable addition to the company’s suite of health featuresMany of the most exciting features of WatchOS are still available on older Series 4s and 5s, so if you already have one of those, I wouldn't rush out to get the latest. But if this is your first Apple Watch, I'd still say the Series 6 is worth it. If you have an iPhone, of course.PC Mag90A smarter choice than everWith an unrivaled user experience, fantastic apps, and potentially lifesaving health and fitness features, the Apple Watch Series 6 is the best smartwatch you can buy.Tom's Guide90Offers blood oxygen monitoring, a brighter display and faster chip for the same priceThe Apple Watch Series 6 may seem like an incremental upgrade, but the introduction of blood oxygen monitoring is a game-changer. And the brighter always-on display is welcome.Android Authority90Take notes, GoogleThe Apple Watch Series 6 the best smartwatch you can buy and blows the competition out of the water. There are better fitness watches, sure, but the new Apple Watch is solid all around. Just be ready to pay up.Pocket-Lint80Sensors for sensors' sake?Despite the new sensors feeling like a tick-box exercise, there's still no better smartwatch on the market. It's just that this time around it offers many features you'll want, along with many that you aren't aware you'd want, plus lots that you'll simply never use.T3100The best smartwatch, but it's starting to feel more premium priced than everThe Series 6 doesn't represent much of an upgrade over the Series 5 in total, but I don't see that as a problem in itself. The sum of the improvements over recent years make it a big upgrade for people with earlier Apple Watches, and for people coming new to smartwatches, it and the Apple Watch SE offer two excellent experiences at two different prices.Wareable80The best may not be the right choiceThe Apple Watch Series 6 is the best version of the best smartwatch in the world. But it might not be the right device for you. The classier materials, new colors and always-on display are key reasons to buy, as are ECG and SpO2 for those looking for a health watch. But the Apple Watch SE feels easier to recommend, while those concerned about the single day battery life can now find good devices away from Apple.The Verge90MINUTE IMPROVEMENTSI can’t help but think that putting the Apple Watch into a yearly release cadence may not be strictly necessary anymore. Apple may keep making these small updates, but that doesn’t mean you need to keep up with them. If you have an older Apple Watch that’s still serving you in good stead, keep using it.AppleInsider90Apple Watch Series 6 is still the best smartwatch to buyThe only reason we'd say not to buy the Apple Watch Series 6 is if you instead prefer to opt for the lower-priced Apple Watch SE. It drops the SpO2 sensor, always-on display, and trade the Series 6 for the Series 5, but is otherwise fully capable. We're sure many will go for this cheaper version, which just increases the number of people with an Apple Warch on their wrist. But if you want the best-of-the-best with the most features, the Series 6 is where it's at.9to5Mac80Should you buy it over the SE or Series 3?If you’re coming from an Apple Watch Series 5, a watch that Apple no longer sells, then I’d definitely recommend sticking with it for at least another generation. While the Series 6 blood oxygen sensor and some of the other enhancements are nice, it’s not yet worth the upgrade in my opinion. With the Series 5, you have a fast watch with an always-on display, so it’s an even better watch than the Apple Watch SE if you ask me.
More from Apple
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- Santa Clara Valley employees have to come in every Tuesdays, Thursdays and a day set by their specific team.
- Components from the island must list "Chinese Taipei” or “Taiwan, China” to comply with local rules.