Samsung Watch Active 2
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is one of the best smartwatches you can find for under $300. It boasts a robust set of features, including health-tracking, music controls, messaging and more. Those looking for more sophisticated fitness tools might prefer a Garmin or Fitbit, but the casual user will be satisfied with Samsung’s latest.
- Upgraded sensors are fast and accurate
- Tizen OS is useful
- Touch-sensitive bezel works well
- Offers a lot for the price
- Disappointing battery life
- Workout tracking could be more comprehensive
Galaxy Watch Active 2
Users - Not yet scored
- Critic Reviews (10)
- 78AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired70Is it worth it?As much as I'd miss coordinating my outfits to the Galaxy Active2's watch face, I think I'd survive without it. I'd still recommend the Galaxy Active—unless you're an Apple user, of course.Gizmodo70Samsung Had to Fix One Thing With the Galaxy Watch Active 2I’d have happily waited more than six months for better health tracking. For now, I can only cross my fingers that the next update will finally get it right.CNET80Everything the Active 1 should have beenThanks to the updated metal finishes and some internal additions like LTE, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 finally feels like a full smartwatch that can take you from the office to the gym to the bar without missing a beat.PC Mag70Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2The Samsung Galaxy Active2 smartwatch adds LTE connectivity along with a few useful new features, but it's not a compelling upgrade over the original model.Tom's Guide80A True Apple Watch RivalThe Galaxy Watch Active 2 shows Samsung is racing to catch up with Apple. This smartwatch can't compete with the Series 5, but it's far better than any other Android smartwatch.Android Authority80Solid smartwatch, but not too "active"The touch-sensitive bezel really helps with the overall experience, and there's now LTE connectivity for those who need it. All in all, it's a good all-around smartwatch. Just be sure you're buying it for the right reasons. It might be able to track your fitness, but it's not the most accurate fitness watch you can buy.The Verge70'Good' is as good as it getsThe Galaxy Watch Active 2 is the best* smartwatch for Android users. (The * isn't a typo; it’s the indicator that there are some big caveats.) The Active 2 gets the basics right: it looks good, lasts at least a couple of days on a charge, has an always-on screen, and runs software that’s fast and easy to use. That is more than I can say for any other Android-compatible smartwatch.Android Central90A runaway successThe Watch Active 2's hardware is excellent, and its relatively neutral look can easily be adapted to your style with the band(s) of your choice. The capacitive bezel nearly replicates the functionality of Samsung's physical rotating bezels, and it integrates perfectly into the software.CNN90Samsung's Galaxy Watch Active2 proves the second time's a charmI've been using the 44mm version of Samsung's Galaxy Watch Active2 for just under a week, and in a lot of ways, it feels like what Samsung should have released back in April, instead of the original Galaxy Watch Active. The Active2 has a more elegant look to it, comes in two sizes, and brings back a staple of Samsung's smartwatch line – the rotating bezel – albeit in digital form.TechRadar80Dial 'P' for pricierThe Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a minor upgrade on its predecessor, adding a digital rotating dial, bigger version, currently inactive ECG, and LTE option. But it's also nominally costlier, putting a hefty price on only a few extra features.