The PlayStation 4 Pro is the most powerful home console yet, though you’ll need a 4K/HDR TV to truly take advantage of it. If you already have a PS4 and are stuck with a 1080p, you can wait before upgrade.Read Full Review
- Best graphical performance in a console.
- Your existing games will get upgraded for free.
- Makes PS VR much smoother.
- Not a huge upgrade for existing PS4 owners with 1080p TVs.
- No 4K Blu-ray drive.
- You’ll have to wait for games to get patched to take advantage of it.
If you own a 4K TV, or plan on getting one very soon, then it's worth upgrading to PS4 Pro, especially with the larger 1 TB hard drive. But the standard PS4 is still a very good video game console. If you already own one, and aren't in the rush to buy a 4K display, you can wait to go Pro.
See All Critic Reviews
Average User Score
See All Reviews