Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Read Full Review
The PlayStation 4 Pro is the most powerful home console yet, though you’ll need a 4K/HDR TV to truly take advantage of it. If you already have a PS4 and are stuck with a 1080p, you can wait before upgrade.
- Best graphical performance in a console.
- Your existing games will get upgraded for free.
- Makes PS VR much smoother.
- Not a huge upgrade for existing PS4 owners with 1080p TVs.
- No 4K Blu-ray drive.
- You’ll have to wait for games to get patched to take advantage of it.
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 88AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET90Sony PlayStation 4 Pro review: Should you buy a PSThe PlayStation 4 Pro only shows noticeable improvements in a limited number of the games we were able to test, but that could change with titles coming in the months and years ahead.Tech Advisor90PS4 Pro review | PlayStation 4 Pro review: EnhanceWhile the 4K output is the headline feature ... those with regular HDTVs also see the benefits ... and it’s a similar story with PlayStation VR users. For us, the PS4 Pro is a winner, and is hands-down the best console that you can get your hands on in 2016 – even without a Blu-Ray UHD player.Kotaku80Should You Buy A PS4 Pro?The new PS4 Pro is a more powerful version of an already good console. We like the PS4 a lot, and the Pro doesn’t do anything to diminish that. However, it’s going to be a while before we know just what that added horsepower will be used for.The Guardian80PlayStation 4 Pro review â€“ powerful, impressiveThe PlayStation 4 Pro is the most powerful video game console currently available and offers very impressive performance for the price. If you have a brand new 4K television that you’re just itching to test, and you don’t already have a PS4, the Pro is more-or-less an essential purchase.GameSpot90PlayStation 4 Pro ReviewThe PS4 Pro is priced fairly, offers a plethora of features, and is the most powerful console you can buy today.TechRadar80PS4 Pro reviewFor newcomers to the world of PlayStation, PlayStation VR neophytes and 4K HDR TV owners, buying the PlayStation 4 Pro is an easy decision. However, for everyone else, there’s a chance the Pro’s benefits aren’t worth the extra cost.The Verge90PLAYSTATION 4 PRO REVIEW: 4K GAMING IS HEREIf you don't have a 4K TV, or don't obsess over graphics, you're probably safe to skip over the PS4 Pro. ... But if you want the best gaming graphics currently possible on a home console, the PS4 Pro is your best choice this year.Business Insider90REVIEW: The new PlayStation 4 Pro is only for threRight now, in November 2016, the PlayStation 4 Pro feels like a solution to a problem that most people don't have. Buying a PlayStation 4 this holiday? Save yourself $100 and buy the standard PS4.Stuff100Sony PlayStation 4 Pro reviewUltimately, the PS4 Pro is a system for console gamers who have a 4K TV and want the best gaming experience possible. If you meet these criteria, it’s a must-buy.USA Today90Review: PlayStation 4 Pro is all about 4K TVIf you own a 4K TV, or plan on getting one very soon, then it's worth upgrading to PS4 Pro, especially with the larger 1 TB hard drive. But the standard PS4 is still a very good video game console. If you already own one, and aren't in the rush to buy a 4K display, you can wait to go Pro.
- 60AVERAGE USER SCORE1 Reviewscollinwu60February 20, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A forgettable product. It isn't bad, exactly, but also doesn't do anything particularly well. - Engadget
Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
More from Sony
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?
- 12The developer added things that "will heighten and enhance the experience but not fundamentally change the experience."