Amazon Kindle Voyage
Read Full Review
With an impressive high-resolution display and a vast content catalog to match, the Kindle Voyage is easily the best e-reader Amazon has ever crafted. Still, its high price tag means it just doesn't make sense for the average reader.
- Flush, pixel-dense screen is the best we've seen on any e-reader
- PagePress buttons are mostly satisfying
- Thin and light
- Expensive for a standalone e-reader
- Base price includes ads
AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE
AVERAGE USER SCORE
View All Critic & User Reviews
Amazon Kindle Voyage
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (6)
- 86AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsWired90Amazon Kindle VoyageThe Voyage starts at $199; it almost hits the $300 mark when you add 3G and delete the special offers. With that kind of a price discrepancy, you have to either be fanatically devoted to having The Newest Thing or a serious reader to choose the Voyage over the Paperwhite.Ars Technica80Review: Amazonâ€™s Kindle Voyage e-reader is the kIt’s attractive and understated, and it retains and improves upon all of the good stuff from other Kindles. It’s just that a dedicated e-reader at this price is the king of a very small hill.PC Mag80Amazon Kindle VoyageThe Amazon Kindle Voyage is hands down the best ebook reader available, though most people will still be served just fine by the Kindle Paperwhite.CNET90Amazon's best e-reader yetThe Kindle Voyage is Amazon's best e-reader to date, and probably the best e-reader ever -- but it doesn't come cheap.Gizmodo80Kindle Voyage Review: The Best E-Reader Lots of MoIt is the best, full stop. Just keep in mind that best doesn't perfect; in the next few years we'll almost certainly see a Voyage that's much cheaper, or waterproof, or both.Engadget90Amazon Kindle Voyage review: The best e-reader is also the priciestWith an impressive high-resolution display and a vast content catalog to match, the Kindle Voyage is easily the best e-reader Amazon has ever crafted. Still, its high price tag means it just doesn't make sense for the average reader.SlashGear90Kindle Voyage Review: Ereader RoyaltyIt’s certainly beautiful if you can justify the outlay, but for most the more affordable options in Amazon’s Kindle line-up will strike a better cost-value balance than the flagship Kindle Voyage.The Verge90Amazon Kindle Voyage reviewThis is the best E Ink e-reader I’ve used, and it’s unquestionably the best that Amazon has ever made. The thing is, it’s only marginally better than the fantastic Paperwhite in several ways, and significantly better in none.Business Insider80Amazon's Latest Kindle Is Sleek, Light, And BetterThe new device is thinner and lighter with a better screen and a more convenient way to turn pages, but, at the end of the day, none of those changes are so revolutionary that you should ditch your old model if it still works fine.The Next Web90Kindle Voyage review: The ultimate reading machineIf you’re an avid reader looking for a new ereader, this is what your eyes want you to spend your money on ... But, if you already have any version of the Paperwhite, you don’t need to upgrade.
- 93AVERAGE USER SCORE6 Reviewscollinwu90September 7, 2017Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!for an e-reader, this is legit!Engadget Reader100July 11, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!If you are an ebook Fanatic as I am, then this is your eReader. While it has a steep price tag, it has enough features to convince me of the extra 70 bucks it costs to buy it over the Paperwhite. Let me explain. My favorite feature of the Voyage is that it has page forward and back buttons! I don't like having to touch the screen just to move back and forth, though you can still turn pages this way if you prefer. The high res screen in combination with the adaptive front light, make a near perfect reading experience without ever having to think about it. All of these features, combined with the standard features like Xray, Wordwise, and upcoming features like the Bookerly font, make the reading experience second to none.Engadget Reader100March 13, 2015Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetEngadget Reader100December 28, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A gadget unicorn - EngadgetEngadget Reader90October 24, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Overall, I'm thrilled with the new Kindle Voyage and would suggest it to anyone who is an avid reader.Engadget Reader80October 23, 2014Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!Battery life and durability have yet to be seen since I've had it for 1 day but it's great so far. I read a novel I had out there. Opened, charged, configured and read no issues at all and wow! Nice print and I love the new lighted screen. I read in bed a lot so I'm sure that'll come in handy.
More from Amazon
We have two newsletters, why not sign up for both?