Apple iPhone XS
Last year's iPhone X defined a new kind of normal for Apple's smartphone fans. This year's iPhone XS, meanwhile, is all about balancing polish and progress. The XS uses the same thoughtfully updated iOS 12 as the iPhone X and their physical designs are basically identical, but a more powerful chipset and much-needed camera improvements make the XS a solid step forward. If you're itching for a new iPhone and can justify the hefty cost, the XS is the safe choice -- but you should probably wait to see what the forthcoming iPhone XR has to offer.
- First-rate build quality
- Excellent performance
- Helpful camera improvements
- iOS 12 is fantastic
- Slightly more durable than the iPhone X
- Still very expensive
- Minute design changes mean old cases might not fit well
- Incremental battery gains
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (3)
- 88AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsCNET90A notch above the iPhone XThe iPhone XS adds some impressive camera improvements to the already-great iPhone X. But you should seriously wait and see what the lower-priced XR coming in October is like.Wired80REVIEW: IPHONE XS AND IPHONE XS MAXI still think you shouldn’t feel like you have to upgrade if you invested in last year’s phones—or even if you have a slightly older phone, like an iPhone 7. Is there a palpable difference between these models and your one- or two-year old phone? Yes, absolutely. But that doesn’t mean your older phone is bad. That’s the thing about high-end smartphones, these mini-computers in our pockets: even last year’s models are still pretty darn amazing.The Guardian100Two steps forward, one step backThe iPhone XS maintains the forward-looking design and function, feeling wonderful in the hand, has a noticeably better camera and is still arguably the best phone on the market right now at balancing screen size with usability.But it’s certainly not perfect, with weaker battery life than last year and a still eye-watering price. With the cheaper 6.1in iPhone XR around the corner, it might be worth waiting to see what it’s like before shelling out £999, but the iPhone XS is still great.Mashable90Going for the goldDon't be fooled by the "S" label — the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are the best and most powerful iPhones Apple's ever made.TechRadar90iPhone XS reviewYes, the iPhone XS is the best phone Apple's ever created, but that's not really a surprise - it's the new one. The bigger question is: what's actually changed, given the design is so similar to last year? Well, the speakers are more powerful and 'wider' in sound, the camera has been enhanced with Smart HDR, the battery management is better and the chipset is far more powerful inside. These are all just tweaks though, and it's smart from Apple to remove the iPhone X from sale, as that would be a far more attractive option this year.AppleInsider90There's nothing excessive about Apple's latestViewed as a modest update continuing along a trailblazing path, the iPhone XS is another big win for Apple.The Verge90APPLE IPHONE XS AND XS MAX REVIEW: SMOOTHED OUTI would not rush out to spend another $999 on the XS if you have a X, but if you’re already deep into a preorder, don’t worry: you will love the iPhone XS. It is, indeed, more iPhone, and it will probably hold up for years to come. I definitely prefer the Pixel 2’s camera, but the iPhone XS isn’t that far behind, and it’s still a significant improvement over previous iPhones.TrustedReviews80iPhone XS ReviewWith the same steep starting price as last year’s iPhone X, the new iPhone XS still feels overpriced based the market’s general price/performance balance but that’s nothing new where Apple is concerned.This is still a superb handset that, provided you look after it, has the stones to last you a long time, with looks and camera credentials to boot.Expert Reviews80Is the Xs the best iPhone of 2018?The iPhone Xs is a great smartphone, but if you’re going to spend this much money you might as well get the Xs Max instead.Digital Trends90iPhone XS reviewThe most boring iPhone of 2018 is still the best.
- 57AVERAGE USER SCORE3 ReviewsWilliam10March 9, 2019Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!To unaffordable to be considered for purchase by most people.ABDALMAYAN70December 18, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - EngadgetDaniel90October 28, 2018Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!The best in its category. We highly recommend it. - Engadget